• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LB7 Starts then quits

03WIDEMAX

BFT
Reaction score
Have an interesting problem with my 03. When it it less than 30deg and I'm unable to plug the truck in at a customers site the truck will start and then immediatly quit. The first time this happened I got out the screwdriver to bleed the fuel system and decided to just press the primer button on the fuel filter until it got hard to press. When I do this the truck fires up and stays running just fine. This only occurs if the truck is not warm. Is this a sign of poor fuel pressure? Is this a warning that the pump in the tank is getting weak? Any help is appreciated!

It's usually an indication of a fuel line leak.
Start off by checking the fuel filter seals (3)...I would just change the filter.

Also, there is no pump in the tank. It's bolted to the engine (CP3). It sucks the fuel from the tank through the filter. You will not see a fuel leak because most of the sysytem is under a vacuum.

check the bleeder screw too. if you've tightened it up too tight it'll be stripped out and bleed air in.

Mine does the same thing, the moron at the dealer didnt put the filter back on correctly so it is losing prime.

I'll change the filter, I can't blame this on the moron at the dealer since I changed the fiter last time:mad2:
Thanks for the input gents!:thumbsup:

Back