• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lb7 heads replaced engine ran but filled the crank case with diesel pulled right side valve cover return line leaking changed washers and reasembled

David sehorn

Reaction score
Changed heads on 2003blb7 it started but filled crank case with diesel removed right side valve cover return line had bad leak replced saddle washer torked and reaasembled now cranks wont fire no code shown repaced fuel filter repaced fuel pressure regulator checked and checked harness not getting fuel to fuel rails on code reader says i have 63643 psi to injectors my primer wont stay hard while cranking checked grounds compression 350 avg im lost whats next anone thanks

I know nothing about the newer stuff, just saying welcome to thetruckstop Dave.
Others with knowledge and wisdom will be along with help and suggestions.

Changed heads on 2003blb7 it started but filled crank case with diesel removed right side valve cover return line had bad leak replced saddle washer torked and reaasembled now cranks wont fire no code shown repaced fuel filter repaced fuel pressure regulator checked and checked harness not getting fuel to fuel rails on code reader says i have 63643 psi to injectors my primer wont stay hard while cranking checked grounds compression 350 avg im lost whats next anone thanks
Thanks for reply

The primer is not going to stay hard while cranking. Your rail pressure reading is way out there as the fuel system cannot hit 60k+ psi even if it wanted to. You need to get correct data and start there. If you're not getting 1500+ psi of rail pressure, it will never start. And are you sure you got all the injector leads tightened properly?

The primer is not going to stay hard while cranking. Your rail pressure reading is way out there as the fuel system cannot hit 60k+ psi even if it wanted to. You need to get correct data and start there. If you're not getting 1500+ psi of rail pressure, it will never start. And are you sure you got all the injector leads tightened properly?

Thanks for info i got pressue off scanner but really confussed idid 15second return test showed good 25 mil doesnt seem like i could get injector clips mixed up does a lb7 start wiht out cooler tubes hooked up ive restored cara and built engines for 50years and had this motor running good except for return line leak this is my petsonal truck im 76 and cant afford repair thanks so much for your help

What is the rail pressure showing with key on, engine off, not turning it over? Then what does it show during cranking? You can run it with the charge pipes off, just make certain nothing gets sucked into the open intake.

What is the rail pressure showing with key on, engine off, not turning it over? Then what does it show during cranking? You can run it with the charge pipes off, just make certain nothing gets sucked into the open intake.
Just have scanmer no pressue gauge with injector line loose get no fuel when cranking changedfuelr filter and fuel pressure regulator have pressure at pressure check valve l
Dont habe adapter to to check pressure

The pressure I'm talking about is read via a scan tool. If you have fuel to the cp3 but no fuel out, then you have to fix that 1st.

Back