• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

larger fuel tanks? sellers?

great white

Reaction score
I'm looking for a larger fuel tank for my 98 K2500 ECLB to minimize stops on my trip east this year.

I would like a replacement tank like those offered by Titan tanks, but they start at the 2001 model year which is a new body style and I don't think/know if it would work on my 98.

I'm not interested in a bed mounted fuel tank. Not in the least. Please don't suggest it.
I'll stick with the stock 34 gal tank first.

So, anyone know of a replacement tank that "ups" the stock 34 gal tank to more?

Last edited:
Another option though not as nice would be an extra under body tank like the OBS from the 70's and 80's.

As luck would have it I'm making my 81 into a trailer, you can have both tanks and the switching unit. Come get it.:)

i got a 30 gal alluminum tank that bolts in under the box where the spare tire mounts,its free,just have to come get it.
Only now you got to put the spare in the box instead of the tank.

I for one would also love to see the burb tank put in, with wiring and lines of the chassis cabs and get a body shop to mount the neck as well. I have heard a few folks say that it should work, as the frame contours are similar. I would like to try it myself, as the cable snapped on dads 96, so no more underbed storage of that spare!

Back