• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Laptop Keeps Losing Wireless Connection

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
This Problem just Started Happening about 2 Months ago.

It Happens atleast 2 or 3 Times EVERY Day.

My Laptop will Lose the Wireless Connection.

I'm literally 3 Feet Away from my Wireless Router. I can Reach Out and damn near Touch it.

It's really Starting to Piss me Off, because I'll be in the Middle of something, and Bang! I Lose Internet.

The only way to get it to Reconnect is to do Diagnose & Repair > Get New IP Settings (doesn't Work) > then only other Option is to Reset Network Adapter. Then it'll do all that, and Work.

I won't even Fix itself if I Turn Off the Wireless Button then back On, on the Front of the Laptop.

I Checked to See if the Drivers needed Updated Last Night, and Windows says they are all Up to Date.

I'm Using Vista Home.

Help before I Smash this thing!! :mad2::mad2:

How do I know what one I need? There's 4 Versions of it to Download. There's one for IT and 1 for End User.

FWIW, I have an Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN...it was Last Updated 5/28/2009 Driver Version: 12.4.3.9

I think I got it.

I had Intel's Site Check for Updates, and it Found 1. So it's Downloading Now.

I only found 2 for vista for a 5100 agn and they were both for It admins, not end users...but if Intel found the update for you, you should be ok with whatever it chooses for you...below is what I had found...

Intel® PROSet/​Wireless Basic Enterprise for IT Administrators: Windows Vista 32-​​Bit*

Recommended for IT Administrators. Includes driver-only and Intel® PROSet/Wireless Basic Enterprise Software distribution packages.

11/29/2010

13.​​4.​​0.​​0

Latest

Software Applications

Intel® PROSet/​Wireless Basic Enterprise for IT Administrators: Windows Vista 64-​​Bit*

Recommended for IT Administrators. Includes driver-only and Intel® PROSet/Wireless Basic Enterprise Software distribution packages.

11/29/2010

13.​​4.​​0.​​0

Latest

Software Applications

looks a little newer than what my searching produced...but at the time I didn't know what you had PC wise...32 bit 64 bit etc...

hope it works out for you...updating mine did...

Have you reset your modem and router? Unplug power from both for a few mins then power up the modem. Let it sinc with the server at your internet company. When all the lights are on on the modem the power up the router.

Does your router have a reset to default button on the back? You might need to try that also, it will cause you to lose all your security settings but you can reset those back.

It's not the Modem or Router, I have a Mac Laptop as well, and whenever I Lose Wireless on my PC I Check the Mac to See if it Lost Wireless as well, and it doesn't. So it's something with my PC Laptop.

Oh...well don't know sorry. I've had the same problem as you and reseting always fixed it. Hope you get it figured out Sucks losing connection.

James: I did not catch the brand name on the laptop. Is it a Toshiba? It might be an internal issue inside the laptop.

Ok, this has happened 5 Times, just Today.

It's REALLY Starting to Piss me Off.

And it's only my PC. My Mac or Blackberry don't Lose WiFi at all.

The Router is so Close, I can Reach over and Touch it.

I did an IP Release and something else Today, people said that has Fixed the Problem. Obviously it didn't for me since it's Happened 5 Times to me Today.

All my Drivers are up to Date according to the Auto Scan and I have no Virus's on the PC. I've Scanned it with 2 Different Programs.

I don't know how to help you James, but everytime I boot up my laptop from sleep mode I have to restart because it cant get access to the Internet. It is very frustrating.

Back