• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Laptop battery fires

I had a problem with my new mac laptop about 2 yrs ago. It was a new machine at the time, and the battery got very, very hot. Luckily I shut it down and took out the battery. Called mac and they said there was a battery recall, sent me a new bat, fine since.

Don't those guys know electronic equipment doesn't work once you let the smoke out???

I had a Dell laptop that had an potential exploding Li Ion battery a year or so ago when they had that huge recall.

I have an EGT guage mounted on my laptop and I don't let it get above 400*.......:smilielol5: I kill me!

I've been using a laptop to the Nth degree as a computer consultant for over ten years and have never had an issue. I don't use it as much now that I have changed careers, but I'm still using one with out issue......it may be that I just have a tow tune loaded...:smilielol5:
JP

Last edited:
Don't those guys know electronic equipment doesn't work once you let the smoke out???

I had a Dell laptop that had an potential exploding Li Ion battery a year or so ago when they had that huge recall.

I have been trying for years to invent a machine that will put the smoke back in, no luck yet.

i was at a fire caused by a laptop battery not too long ago. i highly recommend checking the batteries in your laptop. i believe i have the recall notice at home for all that need it and will post it if i find it.

Back