• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LAKELAND FL PRI drags

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Went to the PRI drag race in Lakeland last night, and got the bug up my but and ran teh BURB down the track. It didn't run as good as I had hoped it would, but still not bad for 7200-7300 pounds of truck and driver. Did a 9.11 first pass leaving super easy and only getting in it about 85-90% throttle, second pass I boosted it to about 6 pounds of boost and launched it and spun all 4 through 1st into 2nd, and caught hard in 3rd and went after I backpeddled a bit and went a 9.37, third pass I went 9.20 and 4th pass was a 9.20. By the 3rd and 4th pass my trans temps started coming up to about 180, and the ALLISON bug of no lockup due to excess converter slippage got me. If I could have gotten lockup in 2nd, I'm sure it would have ran a mid to high 8 as my MPH was on par with a mid 8 second pass at 78MPH on my first run. When it would shift into 4th it just sort of fell flat and quit pulling because I couldn't get lockup. So not a bad showing, and the guy who went with me said it surprised more than a few people there at how it ran. I'm going to try flushing out my DEX3 for some QUATRASYN and see if that helps as I never had the lockup issue until I went to DEX3 type fluid.

They would be really impressed if they thought it had the 6.5 in it.

Nice runs.

They would be really impressed if they thought it had the 6.5 in it.

Nice runs.

I had somebody from a big group of guys in the staging area come up and ask me if it was a 6.5 or a DURAMAX. He said if it was a 6.5 it was one bad one. I was only running my daily driver tune in it which is the same exact tune I have posted here in the library. It has alot more in it, but I can't afford to play with it and tear it up as this is our family transport now with 3 dogs and a baby. There was soembody there in what looked like a 6.0L EXCURSION running, and he was a full second slower than me. And it did feel good to outrun the CUMMINS and FORDS rolling coal while mine only had a slight haze. I have a couple pics that my friend took, but they aren't very good.

Back