• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lack of FAQ material's

turbovanman

I has boost, :O)
Reaction score
Looking around last night, had to figure out how the top goes back on, couldn't find a thing. We really should have a sticky on that, how to turn the pump up and advancing the timing, plus basic hot rodding tips. Thoughts?

we could. Need somepics though to make it worth while and we don't really have a dedicated moderator to the 6.2s so We would have to ask one form the 6.5 or whereever to post the stuff.

I can take pics of the top re and re as I can use my old one for a demo.

I spent an hour surfing both sites and found nothing really except a pic from Turbine Doc on the the diesel place and that was wrong. :mad2:

That would work, maybe use this thread as an idea thread and post up stuff and someone can move it etc?

Stuff on IP's would be nice, IE what happens when you run a 6.5 ip on a 6.2 etc.

Injector differences, IE marine vs high po vs stock?

Which thermostat's to use, the list is endless, :thumbsup:

I can take pics of the top re and re as I can use my old one for a demo.

I spent an hour surfing both sites and found nothing really except a pic from Turbine Doc on the the diesel place and that was wrong. :mad2:

Wrong moi ???? :D we never had much input from the 6.2 crowd before, so yes at old site & this one the info leaves a lot to the imagination, any of us mods that hang out mostly in the 6.5 world will be more than willing to assist someone who takes a genuine interest in developing accurate info for the 6.2.

IIRC the only 6.2 stuff I posted at old site was from a teardown I did of a 83 J code 6.2, PM member Slim Shady he has a 20Kw generator set he built out of a 6.2 he may be able to assist you, also hook up with 1twistedone I see D Camilleri posting here of late, howdy Dave been a while :smile5: he's a great 6.2 resource as is MGW

Last edited:
Wrong moi ???? :D we never had much input from the 6.2 crowd before, so yes at old site & this one the info leaves a lot to the imagination, any of us mods that hang out mostly in the 6.5 world will be more than willing to assist someone who takes a genuine interest in developing accurate info for the 6.2.

IIRC the only 6.2 stuff I posted at old site was from a teardown I did of a 83 J code 6.2, PM member Slim Shady he has a 20Kw generator set he built out of a 6.2 he may be able to assist you, also hook up with 1twistedone I see D Camilleri posting here of late, howdy Dave he's a great 6.2 resource as is MGW

Yeah, it was, you had the wording backwards, :(, :sad:lol.

attachment.php

I have no problem helping, I just hate spending hours searching for quick answers for simple things, you know what I mean, ;)

Since I no longer post there & I turned in my mod hat over there you might want to PM somebody that has edit capability there and get it fixed IAMDAVE mite be a good one for you to hit up

Yeah, I guess I should, luckily I didn't do that, :mad2: :eek: ):h

I've owned more 6.2s than anything but never had alot of problems with them other than I did IPs and headgaskets on one. They are very reliable engines if you don't beat the snot out of them.

Yeah, I guess I should, luckily I didn't do that, :mad2: :eek: ):h

Are you talking about the picture above, I may have added that as a FAQ but it wasn't one of my pictures, it would have been one submitted by a member to me as FAQ material & since I've never been into a 6.2s IP before I would have not caught the error.

But to be honest if the IP picture is what you are talking about I don't recall posting it, not saying I didn't post it I just don't remember it. But please get with moderators there to have it corrected ASAP

Are you talking about the picture above, I may have added that as a FAQ but it wasn't one of my pictures, it would have been one submitted by a member to me as FAQ material & since I've never been into a 6.2s IP before I would have not caught the error.

But to be honest if the IP picture is what you are talking about I don't recall posting it, not saying I didn't post it I just don't remember it. But please get with moderators there to have it corrected ASAP

Yeah, it was in your thread about pictures for 6.2's.

I will do that now.

Yeah, it was in your thread about pictures for 6.2's.

I will do that now.

Dave, did you give me the top to the junker one you gave me ? That looks to be the hardest part on messing with one. I'll have a nice post soon enough on changing the shaft seals since mine are leaking.

Back