• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Kumho Tires

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Kumho Road Venture AT KL78's? I was looking at them, but I never found the load ratings for them. I want at least a C, but I couldn't tell what it was. I haven't seen anybody who runs them, so if you have any thoughts on them please chime in. Thanks,
Sam​

With the weight of these trucks and the fact that I work mine pretty hard, I would not go with less than an E rating or 10 ply tire. It's a lot more bang for your buck. IMHO

I hated mine off road. I HAD to put my truck in 4x4 no matter what if there was any amount of moisture on the ground.

Yeah, that is what I have on it now, but I don't do a lot of towing. I have Wrangler AT/S's right now, and I like them, but I saw these and wanted to see what peoples' opinions on them was.

Wrangler AT/S and SilentArmor tires are some of the best AT tires I have ever used. Got me through mud, snow, sand, wet, dry and never gave up. You've got great tires as it is.

Buddy of mine has them on his 1/2 reg cab and with just over 10k on them they are just about due to be replaced. They have worn extremely fast and I know he isnt satisfied at all. I almost went in the same direction but decided to take another direction and go with Yoko's. I am very very satisfied with them (only D rated) over 12k miles and dont look worn at all.

I just bought a set for one of our project trucks....I'll post some pics of it later...I think they are D rated to be honest but Ill let you know later

Driving around on the Kumhos, they are very quiet...played with the truck in the dirt a little and they had good traction....don't know much for wear on them yet, but IMO they are a good tire for a good price

Back