• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Kubota

gmctd

Diesels, Anonymous
Reaction score
Got a Kubota 5600 HST 3cyl Diesel lawnmower - engine and chassis is too heavy for the steering, so wears the pinion gear badly - got a 80 Datsun manual steering box, gonna put that in there with a arc wrench, bet that sucker will steer from now on - plus, got the kit to overhaul the engine, as excessive blowby was making it hard to start - also got a little perkins turbo to put on it, just for the novelty - dunno if that HST will hold the increased Diesel power, but the turbo whistle and a short stack should set it apart from the average lawnmower in suburbia

Should have just got ya a B3030 Cab model with a belly deck, with the AC running during the summer time the neighbors will look at you with envy, I can do 4 acres in 65 minutes,

let me know how the turbo works out, when my goes out of warranty I might try that on mine, hopefully it will have a waste gate...

A cab? I wish my mowing fleet had at least a sunshade! (322 JD I3 Yanmar gas, Sears yard tractor 2 cyl Briggs gas, wish i had a small diesel!)

mine has a cab with AC and heat, wipers, front and rear lights, hydra drive tranny, 4wd, class 1 3 point hitch....I do alot with mine, bush hog, finishing mower, rotary tiller, pole auger, box blade, rear rake..

Should have just got ya a B3030 Cab model with a belly deck, with the AC running during the summer time the neighbors will look at you with envy, I can do 4 acres in 65 minutes,

let me know how the turbo works out, when my goes out of warranty I might try that on mine, hopefully it will have a waste gate...

I've got a ZD21 Kubota with a 60" deck, I can mow about 4 acres an hour, if the grass is not to heavy. It will run 9 mph. No Cab though.

Loss of Power

I have a kubota three cyl diesel Bx 1800 about 9 years old it seems to have slowed down the last few years. What kind of tune up do you think i can do to restore the lost HP I due all the maintance myself Oil/ filters etc.....
can i clean injectors and glow plugs ? Or just replace with new , dosen't burn or leak oil , I have have replace several of there hydro hose's (cheap)
60" mower, Bucket, 5' scraper blade, pulls a four gang disk afew times a year.

Ps. Anybody have a permanet fix for the blade height adjustment Knob (plastic piece of S--T) been through 3 the plastic sleeve strips every couple years so now i just use a vice grip to adjust settings and looks like hell but it turns the Shaft!

Pull the injectors and IP and have them tested at a local shop - definitely new\rebuilt injectors, tho - gp's only help at start

Back