• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Killing Bugs Well

guybb3

Reaction score
I just wanted to pass along something I learned when I dropped my tank last weekend. I had a bacterial problem about a year or so ago and used Biobor PF from a marine supply place to get rid of the problem. When I opened the tank last week there was no sign of any bacterial contamination. I think I'll stick with the stuff from now on.

On the topic of bio/bacteria problem...

Is this only an issue on vehicles that sit?

Did the issue clog up your in tank sock causing havoc?

Did it clog your primary fuel filter fast?

If you can get some Biodiesel, it will clean it up and keep it that way.

Is this comment being facetious?

I use Biodiesel... my understanding is that it is 100% biodegradable, and even edible, so I assumed that you might encounter a BIG problem bugs growing in there.

-Rob :)

No

My post was not being Facetiuos.
What makes you think that?
Is this comment being facetious?

I use Biodiesel... my understanding is that it is 100% biodegradable, and even edible, so I assumed that you might encounter a BIG problem bugs growing in there.

-Rob :)

On the topic of bio/bacteria problem...

Is this only an issue on vehicles that sit?

Did the issue clog up your in tank sock causing havoc?

Did it clog your primary fuel filter fast?

No. I was blending vegetable oil on occasion and the slime that grew in, and clogged, the Walbro filter screen was AFTER my 2 micron CAT filter. Didn't do in my tank sock. What did was the tank interior coating flaking off. Didn't clog the CAT filter either. Ya it was weird.

Back