• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Keep getting CEL for an EGR code

DMAX1518

Reaction score
Its caused my truck to limp twice now. It has came on about 5 times and I was clearing it at first because it always happened when I was away from home for a few days. I finally left it alone and before I could get it to the shop it went out. I have an appointment on thursday to have it looked at and now the CEL is on for a bunch of other codes. Almost all of the new codes are overboost and MAF sensor related. It does not seem to me that the two are related. What could be causing the problems?

Have you done anything Under the Hood lately, that you might have Bumped a Connector or Sensor and Knocked something Loose?

No, Im due for an oil change but havent had time to do it yet. I was towing when I got the overboost codes but I was taking it pretty easy. I have ran it a lotharder with my camping trailer without a problem.

I know that the overboost can set when you are in limp so I wouldn't be real concerned about that one.

Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow why it limped on me. The CEL came on about 10 miles before it limped. I didnt have any power loss until I stopped at the end of the exit ramp.

My wife called from the shop and said it turned out to be a bad MAF sensor and a problem with a valve or sensor on the turbo. She could not remember what the mechanic told her. They kept my truck until the parts get there tomorrow. hopefully this will take care of everything.

Back