• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

K5 update

Missy Good Wench

Wild Blonde from Cloud Mt
Reaction score
Well, with winter really kicking my Butt, I have not gotten much of anything done on the Blazer, other than make plans.

This morning a deal presented itself. I found a fellow on Craigs list that has a TH400 with T case from a 1ton Chevy 4x4 that wants a deer rifle.

I just happen to have such an item here in the store thats been sitting here for a while.

We are supposed to get together tomorrow and, we shall see.

With the 6.2, the TH400 and 3.73 Butt gears this will be a perfect setup.

Going to use 33 inch tires so this should get reasonable.

Missy

Missy i know it's sort of OT but did you still need an interior rear window switch? I've got a few here from my adventures in the junkyard. I remember you were looking for one a while back.

NVW
Trades are those things that ya just have to nuture ya know. We shall see. The guy is supposed to call me this morning and then come over. He was trying to tell me that the tranny was a TH350 but the picture he sent me, is definately a TH400 for a chevy engine.
T case front drop is on the RH side so ???? he says he has no idea what year it came from ????????

Gawd I love these sorts of deals, its always a supprise as to whats gonna show up.

Sadly GM no longer offers them either. I found one NOS parts place that had some, but they want $50 each.

Now thats not gonna happen anytime soon here.

Heck I could just wire in a DPDT off the shelf switch and be done with it.

In fact once the project gets to the point where I am fiddling with the snively crap, I may just machine a nice little aluminum bezel to fit the original hole and mount a good high quality DPDT switch with the little standard little handle instead of the rocker type.

At this point I just need to get the frame out from under the 85, then clean it good, and swap the fuel lines and the exhaust brackets and such from the 84 diesel chassis.

Once thats done I can slide the chassis back under on new body mounts and be ready for the rest of the powertrain.

I will likely get the tranny and T case I end up using all in while the the body is off too.

I can drop the gear boxes in from the top using the Bobcat and a chain. Far easier than wrestling them in on a jack..

Going to install the engine before the front clip goes back on just to make life a buttload easier too.

Just hate crawling up over the front end to get in there ya know.

Ahhhh yesss, My kingdom for a warm shop to work in.

Missy

Got some more work done on the 87 Donor Burb over the weekend. Got the front fenders off the beast all in once piece with no bother, Other than the time to unbolt the stuff.

Got the thing to the point now that I can get right close and personal to the engine.

Hopefully, we will see some warmer weather sooner or later and I can get this beast apart and out of the shop.

later troops

Missy

How 'bout somemore progress pics ? The young dude that's reworking my 6.2 just finished a 6.2 into Blazer conversion , and it looks very cool. I'm sure your's will be even better.

Back