• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

k2500 Sub 6.5 oil filter adapter.

steelydan

Reaction score
Need new oil filter adapter. The last 4 times I have changed my I could not remove the filter...it squished. Cheap shiat...I had to remove the adapter and use a pipe wrench on the filter with adapter in the vise. It slipped last time and marked up the aluminum. It will leak soon.

Is the oil filter adapter the same on a k series gasser?
Does anyone know the Adapter part number?
How about VITON O ring numbers?

Thanks

I'm sorry if this seems like a dumb reply but I've seen worse (believe it or not). Did you put a lite coating of oil on the filter gasket before spinning it down? Also, do you hand tighten it then back it of an 1/8th of a turn?
Might these be issues?

Oil on rubber gasket of course ...back off 1/8th turn no. I had one come off my first Suburban (gasser). Ever since then the tighter the better. Filters I am using are crap. Almost through the case, got 2 left.

Maybe I should just relocate the filter? Take the angle bracket off and screw the threaded filter adapter to the block. Then screw the remote adapter to the block and move the filter for easier access?

One from a K series diesel will fit, but the gasser one is completely different all together.

Wow. Looks like you're cranking that thing on too tight.

It's a little spendy, but the K&N OIL filters have a 1" nut on the top that you can get a pretty good wrench on.

Don't tighten it so much!

Rob :)

Back