• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

K2500 spindles, hubs, and brakes on to a K1500 Yukon

vegtech

WVO Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so here is what I'm looking to do. I am putting a 14 bolt FF under my 1500 thats the easy part. What i cant find info on is swaping the front spindles on. I have done the research and found the ball joints are the same betweel the 1500 and 2500 as is the tie rod. So, if i split the ball joints and remove the spindle, hubs and brakes I should be able to install the 2500 set up and have 8 lug front and the bigger rotors. anyone see any problems?

As long as the ball joints/tie rod end are the same you should be good. its probaly the same part. Are your bearings on the 1500 held held to spindle with 4 bolts? the 2500-3500 are. Call the dealer and ask them to compair part # between the two. At worst case swap the upper/lower controll arms also.

I just thought about this, The brakes are the same 1500-3500. Atleast it won't look wierd and only one spare to carry.

If they are I stand corrected, but does not matter as you would have to swap the rotors/calipers...ect anyway.

Back