• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Just Installed New Banks 3" IC Pipe...WOW.

I had Rubbing on those 2 Big ECU Connectors on top of the Motor with the OEM Pipe.

With the Banks Pipe, there is PLENTY of Room, and no more Rubbing on the Connectors, even though it's Bigger.

$191/shipped is still Cheaper than the $2xx for the AFE Pipe, so yea.....

I think this'll also work on the LMM. Call up Jeff @ Banks and Ask, but I'm pretty sure it'll Work on an LMM.

The '04.5+ Trucks use a Pipe with Slip & Snap Joints on it. There aren't any Clamps, and in order to get a Bigger Pipe, you'd have to get a New IC and Mod the Air Inlet on the EGR.

But on the Older Trucks, Yes, you can get both the Hot & Cold Side Pipes.

That's only an LB7 problem though I believe. James' is an LBZ.

DOH!!

The '04.5+ Trucks use a Pipe with Slip & Snap Joints on it. There aren't any Clamps, and in order to get a Bigger Pipe, you'd have to get a New IC and Mod the Air Inlet on the EGR.

But on the Older Trucks, Yes, you can get both the Hot & Cold Side Pipes.

good to hear. thanks guys!

191 bucks huh...damn they are proud of their stuff.....do they make one for the lmm?

Yes they fit both the LBZ and LMM.

James, I ordered one today. My EGT's seemed to have jumped up a bit after installing the lift pump. I figured I would try this first, cheaper than a bigger turbo :eek: And if I decide to go the turbo route I will already have the tube:D!

I installed the afe IC pipe last night. Almot 100deg drop in egt @ wot. About 50 deg drop cruising. Spool up is more than noticeably faster and you can really feel the torque come on earlier. Truck doesn't want to downshift when I lug it down near as much, the bottom end got a good boost of torque. Power is boosted all through the rpm range. 165 bucks shipped. Worth the money!

Last edited:
Could somebody provide a link (or links) for this product?

More power, lower egt's...if I can do it myself I may just have to do this.

Gee thanks guys...and I thought I was happy...

It's not on Banks' Website still.

But if you Call them, they'll know what you want, and get you Set Up.

It's VERY easy to do.

Back