• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Just a FYI

Twisted Steel Performance

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
Reaction score
I'm now ready to build my P400, the short block anyway, heads aren't done yet..

Crank has been polished and then coated, rods as well, pistons coated and ready, just need to fit the new total seal ring set..

I decided to have my machine shop check and measure the block and hot tank it before I coat the inside, well I think that was a good idea, the decks were twisted, I don't mean they wern't flat, TWISTED, opposed to the crank bore, not just a small amount, one side measured .006" & the other side was .009" the crank bore compared to the cylinders was on.y .0005" out of true so something went wonky when the factory got to the decks..

I left the crank bore alone but both decks were cut to square each side to the crank..

My luck would have been the twisted would have showed itself sooner or later..

Whodathunkit.............

No this isnt it, i won't start a thread till i finish the motor, no need in draging it on forever.... shouldn't be much longer tho. I'm in the middle of building a new intake also so i would like to finish it as well and combine the pics.
Cool. Looking forward to seeing the end product.

Back