• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Joined the #2 and #7 club

Golddigger

Reaction score
My truck cut out while driving down I-15 this week. Sounded like a 4bt cummins:eek::shocked:. Pisses me off that GM doesn't fix any of their "KNOWN PROBLEMS!" But oh well it is fixed, officially out of warranty and will never see the dealer shop again as long as I own it.

Did you do the Ice pick fix? I have done it on my truck with gm's alleged fix and my dad's 05 with the stock connectors. Works like a charm. :D

I read them ahead of time but found GM's so called recall # so I was hoping :swordfight:they would fix their screw up. Not likely but I figured I'd try. To save myself high blood pressure I just had them fix it..... My GM bail-out.:D

I joined the club first at about 110K miles and then again at 135K miles. First one was number 7 second one was number 2. I did them both the first time but one worked its way loose again.

I read them ahead of time but found GM's so called recall # so I was hoping :swordfight:they would fix their screw up. Not likely but I figured I'd try. To save myself high blood pressure I just had them fix it..... My GM bail-out.:D

Good luck. I had to ice pick the "new and improved" ones within 2 months. Now it has been 18 months or so with no problems.

Noticed you're from northern utah. I live in Tremonton.

Still waiting for that special day. :rolleyes5:

Luckily it wasn't during my 1400 mile round trip this weekend. ):h

Still waiting for that special day. :rolleyes5:

Luckily it wasn't during my 1400 mile round trip this weekend. ):h

Mine happened the day before I was supposed to leave for a 1200 mile trip...i got lucky. but it took a week and a half to get my truck back from the stealer. i guess gm is out of the harness and wont have them back in stock till the end of the month. luckily got a set from another dealer

Mine happened the day before I was supposed to leave for a 1200 mile trip...i got lucky. but it took a week and a half to get my truck back from the stealer. i guess gm is out of the harness and wont have them back in stock till the end of the month. luckily got a set from another dealer

Yeah, you did get lucky. You can mod the stock ones though and usually it solves it for good. It's called the "ice pick" mod.

What does the truck do when these connecters go bad?
It goes into limp mode (2000 rpm and 2nd gear) and sounds like a bad running old Cummins. Usually will get a cloud of white smoke too.

Yeah, just happeded to me on the side of I80 in nowhere iowa, only the #7 cylinder went, sounded like a really crappy powerstroke.

They only replaced the #7 cylinder connecter but gave me the connector for the #2 cylinder should i replace it now? and how hard is it to replace those connectors with the new 90 degree ones?

Yeah, just happeded to me on the side of I80 in nowhere iowa, only the #7 cylinder went, sounded like a really crappy powerstroke.

They only replaced the #7 cylinder connecter but gave me the connector for the #2 cylinder should i replace it now? and how hard is it to replace those connectors with the new 90 degree ones?

That sucks...I'm sure it will happen to me soon enough.

Back