• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

John Deere 1120 Info

Reaction score
JD 1120........... anyone here could help me with some information regarding this tractor? It's my mother and step-fathers old tractor and I want to fix it back up for them, but I can't find anything on wiring (original), fuel system and hydraulics for this old tractor. Any help would be appreciated.

An 1120? Sounds like a little ol' orchard/utility tractor? Any idea what year it is? I know in the past my dad has been able to go to the JD dealership and order/borrow service &/or repair manuals. Most recently an older 3020 Diesel.

I don't know much about this old tractor............. 3 cylinder diesel.....assuming around 30-40 HP. The nearest JD dealer to me is real shitty about giving out info. I was able to get a breakdown of the brake cylinder from them AFTER I bought all the parts to rebuild it with. Just hoping someone on here might have some info on this thing......... I ain't sure of the year model even yet, will have to call JD with S/N to get that I guess.

I don't know much about this old tractor............. 3 cylinder diesel.....assuming around 30-40 HP. The nearest JD dealer to me is real shitty about giving out info. I was able to get a breakdown of the brake cylinder from them AFTER I bought all the parts to rebuild it with. Just hoping someone on here might have some info on this thing......... I ain't sure of the year model even yet, will have to call JD with S/N to get that I guess.

If he won't help you out with some basic info, I WOULD NOT buy anything from him!! Incredibly ignorant and rude.

If he won't help you out with some basic info, I WOULD NOT buy anything from him!! Incredibly ignorant and rude.

My thoughts too, but I have been working with limited time here lately and there is only 2 dealers within a reasonable distance from me. The one I used so far, 30 miles and the next one is 60 miles............ I have like one day a week to go to these places and that waste too much of my day.

I just called a friend of mine who's a JD Tech, he told me that the 1120 was an intermediate model upgrade so it was limited production tractor. They are a rarer model. He will look tomorrow on his lunch break in their vast network for any info on it. If you could find the serial number(s) and PM them or post them I'll pass them along. Side of the engine and on the back of the differential near the remotes...I think. If not it'll be stamped on a frame rail somewhere. Oldest I've been around is a 2020 & 3020 that were barely diesel.

No problemo, I know how much it is akin to wandering around in the dark when you first start working on something.

K, I wasn't sure how much they are new, perhaps with those numbers you can find copies online. This was good timing, my resource just got...fired for lack of a softer term.

Good luck with your project. I was hoping I could get digital copies of the manuals, but nope.

K, I wasn't sure how much they are new, perhaps with those numbers you can find copies online. This was good timing, my resource just got...fired for lack of a softer term.

Good luck with your project. I was hoping I could get digital copies of the manuals, but nope.

Damn........ that bites for your friend.
You were most helpful.........thanks again:thumbsup:

Just an update for everyone that may be interested..............found a way to get all the info I needed.......drawings, p/n's and etc, without having to buy the books. Thanks again, Devin

JD1120 Rocker arm clearance

I misplaced my clearances and only need the clearances for the rocker arms.
JD1120
S/N 204730CD

Thanks for any help.

Back