• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Jardine Exhaust... Been over 60 days

Matt Bachand

Depends on the 6.5
Reaction score
Anyone have any advice for me?

Can't get hold of Jardine about my exhaust.

Card got charged on 7/21/08 for $350.

ITs been over 2 months and I am getting no replies/phone calls.

I ordered directly over the phone, so I can't bring E-Bay/Paypal into the mix.

What should I do?

reverse the charge, get your money back, and by the MKO power exhaust off ebay, 300 shipped to your door and its a nice system. My opinion, of course.

Anyone have any advice for me?

Can't get hold of Jardine about my exhaust.

Card got charged on 7/21/08 for $350.

ITs been over 2 months and I am getting no replies/phone calls.

I ordered directly over the phone, so I can't bring E-Bay/Paypal into the mix.

What should I do?

Ebay and Paypal really have no teeth anyway. The best you can get with Paypal is half you r money back.

Call the credit card people and report that the item was never delivered and get your money back. Then google "Warpspeed exhaust" or go back to ebay and search 6.5 diesel exhaust. I have purchased (2) systems from Dallas at Warpspeed and they both were easy to install and arrived within 3 days. Sometimes you can even find an ebay auction that includes a tip for $300.00

Regards,

Actually, Paypal won't refund you unless the seller refund you the money. Speaking from experience. Ebay is already too late after 60 days, it is only 30 days. Call the CC right away.

I have just notice that their website does not exist anymore. Vendor link @ DP is also gone.

Remember, when you order something over the phone, using just your card number, the burden of proof that you actually ordered the merchandise is on the vendor. Normally, burden of proof is a facsimile of your signature on an invoice/charge slip. If they can't produce it, then you can always charge back. The merchant is the one who took a chance. If Jardine is not performing, you just call your credit card company and initiate a chargeback proceeding. You always win unless the company can prove you got the merchandise and are lying.

Good luck.

Rob :)

Ebay and Paypal really have no teeth anyway. The best you can get with Paypal is half you r money back.

Call the credit card people and report that the item was never delivered and get your money back. Then google "Warpspeed exhaust" or go back to ebay and search 6.5 diesel exhaust. I have purchased (2) systems from Dallas at Warpspeed and they both were easy to install and arrived within 3 days. Sometimes you can even find an ebay auction that includes a tip for $300.00

Regards,

Your right but American Express does! :biggrin5:

I stirred up a WHOLE bees wax once with a Ebay/Paypal purchase once. I bought a $750 dollar plus $75 dollar CRATING shipping fee Rockwell Machine from a private seller. It was a extremely heavy piece.

The guy shipped it FedX in a PLASTIC bag and it got damaged. Big ta do because HE has to file the damage report ,I could not. He was giving me the run around after I drove 50 miles round trip to take pictures and e-mail him.

I called Amex and the stop payment immediately,they are the BEST in the business when it comes to that.

Well I'll tell you it really pissed Paypaal off and I could careless and told them that! They said I couldn't do it because the dispute wasn't with them. I told them but I DID! :biggrin5:

Bottom line I received my money back from the seller plus I received the damaged Rockwell machine because Fedx didn't know how to dispose of it because it had leaked hydraulic fluid and didn't want to deal with it.

Machine is at my shop it cost me less than $200 bucks to fix! If that dope would have crated it then he would have gotten his money.

Your credit card company is your only real recourse. Call them and tell them that you never received the merchandise.

My son had a similar situation when he bought an electronic drum machine for $600 on ebay. The seller claimed that "it must have been stolen in the mail." -PayPal was absolutely NO HELP.

So I called DISCOVER Card and explained the situation to them. They mailed some document for my son to sign and the charge was reversed by the time he got his next billing statement from Discover. He got 100% of his money back.

Credit card payment is the ONLY way to go, even if you use PayPal. If you go through PayPal and have them debit your bank account, you then are at the mercy of PayPal's red tape. This is why PayPal always tries to get you to debit your bank account directly rather than for you to use a credit card.

bought mine from them on ebay, it took 1 week longer than the longest period specified just to ship. then the wrong parts were included, despite having right vehicle, and instructions in the box. Had to weld the pipes in and fabricate hangers. Hard to reach too. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM-BAD EBAYER AND COMPANY IN GENERAL----jagoffs.:eek:21:

I ordered a downpipe from them. It did'nt come in when it was supose too. I called and talked to some guy he said he would check his files and call me back but never did. I had to keep calling everyday to get an up date. He seamed like the only person that worked there. He said he could'nt find my order form. But I let him know that they already took the money out of my acount. He eventually shipped me out one. The # I have is 800-934-3569.

I have been pleased with the Jardine systems on our trucks. For the money it is a good system.

Also I called them about an installation question and they were very helpful.

I have an odd feeling they went out of business... No proof, but their e-bay ads are gone as well.

I agree to call the CC company and let them do the dirty work for you.

Try to get in touch with Jerod himself. I thought I was having problems with an install on my brother's truck. I thought that the downpipe was made wrong and he sent me out a new one and gave me some of his tips for getting the parts to fit right. I then talked to a buddy with the same truck, and he said that he was surprised I didn't have to bang in the firewall with a sledge hammer, because every 4" system he's seen for that truck, you had to.

Most credit cards(mine does,Visa) you have 120 days to reverse the charges. Just do it. I just did that to an A hole who screwed me on tractor parts. The nice part about reversing the chrges is that not only do you get your money back but the credit card company charges the guy 35$ ontop of it.

I will do this ASAP. It is my Debit/Commercial bank account/Visa card so I should assume all the Credit card rules apply as I did not give a PIN number.

Banik of America Card.

Bank of america card is what I have. 120 day to reverse. If that doesn't work, A plane ticket ,body bag and shiny new crowbar from Sears. I hate scammers. Most of us work to hard to get ripped.

I agree w/ Ace. However you need to get Aces friend Dr Kavorkian to do it for you. You really want to keep your hands clean. :D

I will do this ASAP. It is my Debit/Commercial bank account/Visa card so I should assume all the Credit card rules apply as I did not give a PIN number.

Bank of America Card.
Oh Ohh! Debit card rules are NOT the same as those for regular credit cards. Debit cards are basically the same as checks. That's why I NEVER use a debit card; in fact I refuse to get one.

Hopefully Bank of America is more customer friendly than most banks in that regard. Perhaps since you did not use your PIN they may treat it differently. It's worth a try though.

I ordered a system from Jardine for my '95 a few years ago. It arrived without a hitch. I ordered a system for my '99 Sub from Jardine a few months ago and had nothing but trouble. Re-read the ebay ad and it said something like seller has 20 working days to ship...I called on the 21st day and asked for shipping confirmation. They could not ship because of a steel shortage at their shop. ($-$-$?)I politely asked them to cancel the transaction, the girl did. However it took about 3 weeks to get my paypal credit back...I then ordered from Warpspseed and it arrived in Tacoma in 1 day regular freight...be aware.

Oh Ohh! Debit card rules are NOT the same as those for regular credit cards. Debit cards are basically the same as checks. That's why I NEVER use a debit card; in fact I refuse to get one.

Hopefully Bank of America is more customer friendly than most banks in that regard. Perhaps since you did not use your PIN they may treat it differently. It's worth a try though.

THey credited my account the day after I called about it. Kind of nice. Credit account first, do research afterwards... Very impressive.

So... after 3 years of waiting and deciding on Jardine................. I'll go with the warpspeed :) can someone PM me a good link?

Back