• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

It's done

MACKIN

The Original Sheriff
Reaction score
What do ya think? I haven't seen it in person yet

Pretty much done riding this year anyway. Now to find the money to pay for it. :mad2:

Attachments

• MISC.070.jpg
    MISC.070.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 49
  • MISC.071.jpg
    MISC.071.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 55
Looks like the shop knew what they were doing. Looks real good! Now your paint matches your seat and grips. I'd like to see more pics.

I hope your not planning another Bike trip anytime soon...haha - J/K.):h

By the topic title, I thought the Duster was finished......:D

I've abandoned that project do to lack of funds. Honestly if someone would give me half of what I have invested to date I'd push it to their house! IF I knew the economy was gonna take a dumper as bad as it has I never in a million years would have NEVER even started it.

It's a huge lose right now.

Funny now everyone I bitch to about money throws the car in my face. Honestly everyone has become a Johnny come lately economic adviser . I simply say where the F were you 8 months ago with your free advice you want to shovel today? SMD! :rolleyes5:

This paint job cost a tad more than expected but when you want quality you gotta pony up.

I've abandoned that project do to lack of funds. Honestly if someone would give me half of what I have invested to date I'd push it to their house! IF I knew the economy was gonna take a dumper as bad as it has I never in a million years would have NEVER even started it.

It's a huge lose right now.

Funny now everyone I bitch to about money throws the car in my face. Honestly everyone has become a Johnny come lately economic adviser . I simply say where the F were you 8 months ago with your free advice you want to shovel today? SMD!

This paint job cost a tad more than expected but when you want quality you gotta pony up.

I seem to recall that over at the old DieselPlace site, someone DID explain in great detail exactly what was almost certainly coming this year, in no uncertain terms, and even provided a lot of supporting evidence as to WHY.

But like so many others, you didn't pay any heed to those warnings.
In fact, you even scoffed at them more than once.

So don't go around NOW saying you were not warned, back in January and February of this year.

Want the proof? Go there and look up that old "Perfect Storm" thread.

And by the way, in case you missed it then, this economic downturn still has many years to go before the economy will be back to growing normally again. How long?
Probably at least 9 or 10 more years to go, and maybe as long as 12 more years to go.

And, here are some more refs. to ignore at your own peril:
http://www.itulip.com/forums/showthread.php?p=62889#post62889

http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/Exchange/9807/Charts/SP500/Outlook.htm

http://home.earthlink.net/~intelligentbear/com-dj-infl.htm

Be sure to take a look at the chart in this post:
http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2008/12/its-official-nber-says-us-recession.html
You first had the opportunity to look at it back in February.

Last edited:
I seem to recall that over at the old DieselPlace site, someone DID explain in great detail exactly what was almost certainly coming this year, in no uncertain terms, and even provided a lot of supporting evidence as to WHY.

But like so many others, you didn't pay any heed to those warnings.
In fact, you even scoffed at them more than once.

So don't go around NOW saying you were not warned, back in January and February of this year.

Want the proof? Go there and look up that old "Perfect Storm" thread.

And by the way, in case you missed it then, this economic downturn still has many years to go before the economy will be back to growing normally again. How long?
Probably at least 9 or 10 more years to go, and maybe as long as 12 more years to go.

And, here are some more refs. to ignore at your own peril:
http://www.itulip.com/forums/showthread.php?p=62889#post62889

http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/Exchange/9807/Charts/SP500/Outlook.htm

http://home.earthlink.net/~intelligentbear/com-dj-infl.htm

Be sure to take a look at the chart in this post:
http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2008/12/its-official-nber-says-us-recession.html
You first had the opportunity to look at it back in February.

Al industry are differently effected. There is NO across the board economic down that turn can be predicted. If that were the case so many people would have not been stung lets say Wall Street.

There is work in my industry but NO where the level that it was in the last quarter. It has taken time to effect all aspects of my industry. Some end users in my line are still quite busy.

I don't deal directly with many eyelet shops or metal forming and stamping but to this day many stay busy. So things were still looking quite well for me as quite a bit of the automotive that I have done was in aftermarket as oppose to direct big three consumption. But now even that (aftermarket) has taken a down turn.

I find that odd because people that cannot afford new cars have to fix their older cars. Just one example

Lets put the crystal ball down :nono:

Al industry are differently effected. There is NO across the board economic down that turn can be predicted. If that were the case so many people would have not been stung lets say Wall Street.

----

Lets put the crystal ball down

And yet it WAS predicted. And THAT FACT cannot legitimately be disputed.
You just ignored the indicators, as you (most likely) also ignored the references just given.

And it's not a matter of a crystal ball. It's a lot more involved than that. Evidently too much for you to bother with looking into, even when pointed in the right direction. Why take any suggestions from someone who posts on the internet, right?

But why should I bother? You don't seem to care any more now than you did back then (even if you're now complaining about not having any warning). Same goes for the SaquoroKid. His position in Deere (evidently his retirement account) is now worth roughly one-third what it was in February when I advised him (and others) to get out of long positions in equities. He was another one who scoffed, but who looks foolish now?

And yet it WAS predicted. And THAT FACT cannot legitimately be disputed.
You just ignored the indicators, as you (most likely) also ignored the references just given.

And it's not a matter of a crystal ball. It's a lot more involved than that. Evidently too much for you to bother with looking into, even when pointed in the right direction. Why take any suggestions from someone who posts on the internet, right?

But why should I bother? You don't seem to care any more now than you did back then (even if you're now complaining about not having any warning). Same goes for the SaquoroKid. His position in Deere (evidently his retirement account) is now worth roughly one-third what it was in February when I advised him (and others) to get out of long positions in equities. He was another one who scoffed, but who looks foolish now?

Me and the Kid I guess, :eek:

Don't worry I'm paying attention now.

Holy frick!! :eek: Mackin, I think you just got TOLD :nono:

I'm thinking there must be more to this story...

This thread turned a bit harsh. Can't we all :grouphug:?

What do ya think? I haven't seen it in person yet

Pretty much done riding this year anyway. Now to find the money to pay for it. :mad2:

Back on topic ):h That's a Bitchin' Bike, Congrats. Looks like they really did a nice subtle flame job.:thumbsup:

Hey Mac - how about posting a picture of your new tie-down straps. Then we'll stop worrying about you messing up that new paint job again.

Back