• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Its a sure sign of fall, Winterizing the camper

blizzardplowman

Crowd Control
Reaction score
Well, Got the camper cleaned out, the water lines blown and pink stuff added. Put 4 mouse away packages in the trailer and put crunched up newspaper in the refer. The season is officially over for us.
Trailer will sit out until I am done combining and then I goes in the shed for its long winter nap :( always a sad day. Already planning next year trips, Arkansas to go Atving, Wyoming to visit friends, and general bumming around our state camping and riding the quads.:D

Now if Mother nature would only send me a bunch of snow I might be able to update to a newer toy hauler:thumbsup:

I winterized the motorhome about 3 weeks ago... it was indeed a sad day. There's just something so... final... about putting the pink stuff in there. :(

Hey, why the newspaper in the fridge?

Got to do the boat soon also. I'm ready for winter myself though.

You guys are gonna hate this, but this is camping time for us. We are heading out for halloween for some ATV'ing. It is too friggen hot to go much earlier than this. We also do the same for turkey day and christmas too. I actually do miss the rain though. It almost never rains here in the so. cal desert.

Good for you, Tiny. Just don't tell us about it :D

Just kidding... I've camped down there in July before... wasn't the smartest thing I ever did. December would be just about right...

I winterized the motorhome about 3 weeks ago... it was indeed a sad day. There's just something so... final... about putting the pink stuff in there. :(

Hey, why the newspaper in the fridge?

I've got something even sadder - my 5ver is still winterized from last year. I didn't use it once this year. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Work - work - work. I guess I should be happy to still have a job.

Yeah - tried to squeeze one more trip in this November, but couldn't get anyone to come with .... go figure - lol. This year will suck b/c I have to get work done on it (fix delaminating sides, re-apply caulking everywhere and replace the power cord door that broke off).

Next year will be good though. Just bought dual Honda Generators for dry camping at cup races. :)

pink stuff is just for the p-traps I hope. The previous owner of my class A winterized with the pink stuff and my water still tastes like shit. Low pressure blow-down is the only way to go.

Tim

Well I am not rubbing it in, but my camping season kicks off on NOV. 5th. The camper is set up at deer camp and I could be there for 21 nights straight if I don't find the deer that I am looking for. Thats right 21 nights straight, similar to 2008. If I get some deer meat early on I will make a trip home for a night or so and then its back to camp for more hunting action. At times the TEMPS. get down in the teens, the water supply hose freezes at night,but you know I still enjoy it. I have only camped 2 nights this year so far and that was around SEPT. 19th and 20th. I guess I am slipping because my summer camping is almost non exitstant.

pink stuff is just for the p-traps I hope. The previous owner of my class A winterized with the pink stuff and my water still tastes like shit. Low pressure blow-down is the only way to go.

Tim

P traps and water lines. I always flush the system and run Chlorine through in spring, never have a taste Issue LOL

Everyone is hot on the planing for next year already so its not to bad on the withdrawl ):h Sad part is until Its in the shed I see it every day

P traps and water lines. I always flush the system and run Chlorine through in spring, never have a taste Issue LOL

Everyone is hot on the planing for next year already so its not to bad on the withdrawl ):h Sad part is until Its in the shed I see it every day

I use a small air compressor with a 20 PSI regulator and a home-made adaptor to purge my lines. Hook it up to the city water lines, and open the faucets one at a time (starting with the furthest away one) till nothing but air comes out. I repeat the process 3 times.

takes about 5 minutes tops, and I can break out the camper for a quick winter trip and still be able to use the plumbing without going through the hassle of flushing the lines again.

tim

I use a small air compressor with a 20 PSI regulator and a home-made adaptor to purge my lines. Hook it up to the city water lines, and open the faucets one at a time (starting with the furthest away one) till nothing but air comes out. I repeat the process 3 times.

takes about 5 minutes tops, and I can break out the camper for a quick winter trip and still be able to use the plumbing without going through the hassle of flushing the lines again.

tim
Tim , I hear you on the quick trip. I blow mine out and then use pink stuff, more for extra insurance than anything. Once mine is in the shed its there until the snow melts :(

My chickie lets me see her pink stuff! LOL!
I figured I would get this after I read what I posted:D

This is the best time for us to camp also. Nov. through March. The cooler temps keep the skeeters down (they have been unreal lately, even at home and the town gets sprayed twice a week. When the sun gets to the tree line, you better be headed in or drenched in repellent). Last few months were 98*-102* and 100% humidity but still have a campfire at night. That's either dedication or just nuts!

tim

Exactly how I do it...then put a little pink in each trap and tank up against the valves. If it gets nice all I'm out is 30 minutes to do it again.

We camped this past weekend for our annual haloween weekend. Had a good time.
We will go out for one more trip on the 6th of November for the last time. Should be a fun trip, headed to a little town called Urbanna, Va. for the annual Oyster Festival. Big party on Friday night in the streets. Only bad part is it's an adult weekend so my son will not be with us for the last trip.
I use the compressed air and then fill with RV Antifreeze. I had some lines bust one year and what a mess. Never have any taste either.

Back