• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

It'll start - but it won't run?

Veg_Out

Walking J Designs
Reaction score
My friends.

Today I pulled my intake trying to track down a 35, 36 code and installed a prototype FTB setup I'm working on, and included a little bit of clear line to see if I have bubbles on the feed side.

I put it all back together, bled the fuel line, and I'll be darned if I can get the thing to run. I'm wondering what I fouled up, or unplugged etc. I did remove the Radio Frequency Filter from the IP setup. I also removed the shut off solenoid so that I could remove the IP inlet. I did sort of tug on those wire a little to firmly come to think of it.

I give her glow plugs, hit the starter, and bingo it fires, runs for about 4 revolutions and dies. I had huge fuel flows while bleeding the system. I'm charging the batteries overnight right now, they were pretty toast when I gave up. Tested with existing Heath PMD and spare, same deal.

Dang thing has been running like a top!

Check for current or check resistance of the shut off solenoid esp while moving the wires if you suspect it.

Air lock?

Fuel at injectors?

never had one apart but I've read you can remove the pluger on the bottom of it and then you will effectively take it out of the loop. ecm will still turn the engine off

Airlock is making a bunch of sense to me. I'm having some Oil Pressure Sensor issues I think too. It's feeling like a trade in in for a toyota corolla day!

I haven't done the OPS relay mod.

This just in, codes galore! 13, 29, 46, 49, 57, 62!

Zowie, off to read more.

An easy replacement of the Fuel Shut off Solenoid and we are back to the races. More code troubles ahead! Close this thread please!

Back