• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L ISO: Complete Engine - CT/MA/RI Area

pacificdrumma

Reaction score
Looking for a complete engine to use for my build. Preferences are 93 and older, can be a 6.2 I suppose. OR, something newer with a good block #. Can be running or not, but not looking for any basket cases that are too far gone. Located in CT, can travel for the right deal. Have cash. What have ya got?

Just checked my area (East End, Long Island), there's a Jasper 6.5L with 10k Miles already pulled (from bus that was made into a "Bar") for $5k. Don't know pretty much anything about the 6.5L if it's a good deal or not, but I figured I'd throw it out there for ya.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/pts/4918148684.html
RUN FOREST, RUN! You couldn't pay me to take a JASPER reman, let alone pay what they get for a new one. I've got one with cracked heads(the typical cracks between the valve seats they all get), but I'm a bit to far away.

Jasper has about a zero credibility rating on the 6.5 rebuilds. Not a lot better rating for gassers either.

Thanks for the link. For that kinda $$ I can buy 3 complete parts trucks haha. The search is continuing. Just gives me more time to save.

I have a few engines and stripped down blocks and could help you out if you don't mind going a little bit further distance wise. Best example I have is a 95-96 6.5 non turbo engine out of a van that has about 240k on it. It ran but needs an injection pump is what the guy told me when I bought the engine. It's a 141 casting block and is all complete...even comes with a lot if not all of the engine wiring harness. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

I have a few engines and stripped down blocks and could help you out if you don't mind going a little bit further distance wise. Best example I have is a 95-96 6.5 non turbo engine out of a van that has about 240k on it. It ran but needs an injection pump is what the guy told me when I bought the engine. It's a 141 casting block and is all complete...even comes with a lot if not all of the engine wiring harness. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

I am planning on going to PA next month so that might work. Really just looking for a complete engine. Dont necessarily need the harness or anything. What would you be looking to get for it?

Ok gotcha. Location of the engine is just a few miles across the PA-MD line. If you're still interested let me know as I could meet you closer to or halfway in between. Thanks.

Ok gotcha. Location of the engine is just a few miles across the PA-MD line. If you're still interested let me know as I could meet you closer to or halfway in between. Thanks.

I have a couple leads on some engines a little bit more local to me. I will keep you posted via this thread. Thank you

Back