• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Is this true?

jmack91z28

Jason
Reaction score
Seems there was some bad press on this ebay listing as it was a bit misleading. Maybe it was on here or diesel place???? If I remember he has some affiliation with a supplier with some bad reviews. Also, if I remember correctly it was tricky marketing wording like .... the blocks did not come from China they were from Canada BUT he did not say they were not manufacutured in China. From the statement literally the blocks could come from Canada and were shipped there first then to US (not directly shipped from China).

I don't know ????? why go to all the trouble of new block and all but not put in a new crank? What exactly is being reused from the core? I am going on memory search bostic in the forums here and diesel place.

It could very well be a cheaper option and better engine than GM was producing in the late 90's but its still not as good as a true brand new GEP engine (with all new parts including crankshaft). Is that difference all that great for the coin difference .... depends on your project and budget.

Yeah it was on diesel place forum.

The guy appeared to have some affiliation with International Diesel and the ebay listing is a regerjitation of some of International's marketing. I would visit in person and see what he has before buying since you are so close.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189903

For that price you can about buy a new GEP longblock. I couldn't tell if that's what he had but just didn't know how to word it, or he knew it wasn't what he was hyping it up to be and was just playing with the words. Ebay is notorious for that.

Yea i'd visit in person before I even thought of buying it.

if he is so good with engines, why wouldn't he get someone to proof read the ad before posting? looks funny to see so many mistakes. i'm not saying engine builders aren't smart, i have built some, but if you want to look reputable, spend the time to make the sales pitch readable.

There is always a chance that the engine may be shipped from somewhere else so it may not be at the sellers facility.

I have tried to check some stuff before sold at ebay, it stated an address about 5 miles from my house.
When I sent an inquiry, they say, I cannot see them or pick them up since item is not there.

Just remember, ebay is just a front not a B&M.

Back