• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Is There Such a Thing As Too Much Cetane ?

lol I need to go back and read that study someone did on the lubricity of different additives. I know I have been over treating. rather than doing like I had been (1/2 quart of 2 cycle) and now using power service at about 1/4 of the smaller bottle. look at the ratios on the bottle and get me a measuring bottle to keep in the truck.

I have been thinking of going back to the 2 cycle since there isn't any cetane only lube if our engines run just fine on the straight diesel without needing extra cetane. I think the recommended ratio was 200 to 1

How do you test your fuel to see if it has enough antigel?

I don't remember what we have in our 500 gallon tank other than it is B11 Soy..

I don't remember if it was cold enough to be treated when we got it. We have not been burning up the diesel lately.

We used to dump a gallon of gas and a gallon of 2stroke oil in the tank every fill. Not any longer since we have a CP4 on the place. I tried talking her into selling it. It's not often you can drive a vehicle for a year and still make money on it.

How do you test your fuel to see if it has enough antigel?

I don't remember what we have in our 500 gallon tank other than it is B11 Soy..

I don't remember if it was cold enough to be treated when we got it. We have not been burning up the diesel lately.

We used to dump a gallon of gas and a gallon of 2stroke oil in the tank every fill. Not any longer since we have a CP4 on the place. I tried talking her into selling it. It's not often you can drive a vehicle for a year and still make money on it.
I think if You or a neighbor has some liquid nitrogen You could rig up a cooler with a thermometer for a test station. Chill the fuel until it begins to cloud.
Other than that I would not know.

Sit it in a pot in case it leaks ...
Its not a bad problem to have, but I might have to remove a ribeye from the freezer to have room for a jug.

The good fridge went bad. The beer fridge is now The fridge. Gave away the 3rd freezer - regretting that now. It was an oldie but goody.

Down to 2 freezers and 1 fridge. No cooling devices outside the house.

I was hoping there was something like an antifreeze tester that could be used.

Back