• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Is the cure worse than the disease?

FireMedicJO

Reaction score
Got a CEL about a month ago, had it read @ advance and got the following:
P0402 - EGR flow excessive
P0401 - EGR flow insufficent
P0102 - MAF circuit low voltage

I don't understand how I could get an excessive and insufficient EGR flow in the same reading, but I did. Haven't noticed any problems performance wise, and I finally got a chance to get under the hood this evening and check things out. The MAF sensor is clean, but the EGR flange is very dirty with soot and buildup. I had no leaks when I installed the blocker plate around 15K miles, but seeing this is making me wonder. I got a CEL late last year, but it cleared after a couple of days. I assumed it was related to not having a cat, the EGR blocker and FS and thought nothing of it. I know there is a possibility of a fingerstick that has gone bad and stopped working, or some wiring that could have wiggled loose, but it will Friday at the earliest that I will have time to check that out. Either way, all this has me wondering if the BP & FS is really worth all this trouble? Plenty of other guys racking up some miles with EGR systems and no problems other than a reflash or an update.

Any one else with issues or at least some insight.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe with all of the EGR Failures we have seen, could that be possible in this case?

I understand you have the stick and plate, but, it's worth a shot at asking.

I've thought about that, I just need to get back to stock before I can take it in. I'm planning on taking the stick and plate out on Friday and getting the flange as clean as I can, then we'll see what happens after that...If its not the EGR valve, then the only codes I should get afterward would be MAF codes due to the cat being gone, correct?

no cat should cause the egr p0401 code ( I used to get these before EFI live ). I think aftermarket intakes cause the MAF codes.how did you connect the fingerstick wiring? hope it wasnt scotch locks or T taps. that coudl cause the problems your experiencing

Back