• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

IronBulls Crappy Bumper and Service From Business Owner

RYDNHI4X4

Halt Halt Or I'll Release My Dog
Reaction score
Had a light bracket break on me when I was re-tightening it and I am sure some of you remember when I bent the hell out of the bumper bracket a while back. After looking at the lighting bracket I noticed it had rusted right through the stuff that's supposed to be just like Line-X.

So as you can tell by the pics and vids I decided to pull the bumper off and strip it. My intentions were to have it sand blasted and re-sprayed by real Line-X until I seen all the rust. So I called IronBull and left them a message asking to talk to Jesse the Vice President. Mind you that I called him them day before and he pretty much didn't wanna back his product.

Just as a reminder i have not even had this bumper a full 2 years yet.

So after talking to Bill from IronBull who cleans up Jeese Baldwins shit he offered me the new style bumper only costing me $350 in shipping. I get the new and low and behold the bumper does not inlcude mounting hardware(nuts/bolts). Lucky enough I still had the stuff from the last bumper. So here I am sitting in the driveway trying to mount this thing and oh my god, what a pain in the ass. You will see the huge spacers I had to install just to make it look level.

As for Jesse Baldwin this guy has shitty service for a business owner and I hope he never sells another bumper.

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=MOV01971.flv

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=MOV01972.flv

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=MOV01970.flv

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=MOV01967.flv

Attachments

• DSC01968.jpg
    DSC01968.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC01969.jpg
    DSC01969.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC01976.jpg
    DSC01976.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC01978.jpg
    DSC01978.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 269
I would say that the fitup looks like crap in those pictures. Dont they make sure stuff fits before the build and sell them.. Crap!!

That coating must hold in moisture, no way metal should rust through in just two years, even bare.

that looks like the welds done by FFA kids just learning how to weld in ag shop!

I thought Hemisareslow was a Iron Bull Rep..maybe he has some imput. I sent him a PM awhile back asking about their bumpers and got no response back...kind of glad now after seeing that.

that looks like the welds done by FFA kids just learning how to weld in ag shop!

I thought Hemisareslow was a Iron Bull Rep..maybe he has some imput. I sent him a PM awhile back asking about their bumpers and got no response back...kind of glad now after seeing that.

sorry about not getting back....you can see why I was a little hesitent....also I asked nick to demote me....no longer a rep for ironbull....I can't in good conscience represent a company that gives a friend of mine such a hassle on a bumper he paid good money for.....I just hope the bumper on my truck doesn't rot away in 2 years

sorry about not getting back....you can see why I was a little hesitent....also I asked nick to demote me....no longer a rep for ironbull....I can't in good conscience represent a company that gives a friend of mine such a hassle on a bumper he paid good money for.....I just hope the bumper on my truck doesn't rot away in 2 years

No prob man, I was just curious about them myself, the pics make them look really nice.. but thats not always the case. Im not sure which company to trust, guess Ive never heard negative stuff about ranchhands.

It looks like they don't acid wash the bumper before they apply the LineX look a like product. If you don't use a good acid wash before you put that stuff on, it will not adhere correctly to the metal. It stays in place because it is bonded together. Just my two cents.

Ranch Hands are the way to go, no issues at all on the front or rear....

Yea, but it's all about the Look & Design of them.

I don't like the Ranch Hands at all. I don't need a Grille Guard, Bull Nose, or anything like that.

I like the IB, RA, ect... Bumpers because you can get them without a Grille Guard or any of that stuff, and the Design / Look of them is more what I Like.

But everyone has their own Tastes, so I'm not trying to put you or RH down.

Yea, but it's all about the Look & Design of them.

I don't like the Ranch Hands at all. I don't need a Grille Guard, Bull Nose, or anything like that.

I like the IB, RA, ect... Bumpers because you can get them without a Grille Guard or any of that stuff, and the Design / Look of them is more what I Like.

But everyone has their own Tastes, so I'm not trying to put you or RH down.

Yup yup. :thumbsup: Myself, I am in love with the look of Buckstop bumpers. I've never cared for the pipe/diamond plate/expanded metal look of RHs, nor do I like the angular flashcube look of RAs. I also like certain Ruenells, but $$$$$$:mad2:

RYDNHI4X4, I don't know how you are dealing with that. If it was one or two shims I could understand, but that would drive me crazy.

It's actually some 3/4" tubing that I found around the house that just happened to work perfect for the time being.

you could always fall back on selling delicious cocktail weenies):h

Back