• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ipod integration

I didnt click the link, but I do know that if you dont use the XM its very easy to intergrate through that plug. Not to mention easy on the wallet. You gift certificate should cover it.

Whatever you do dont let best buy install it. I can talk you through that install as well if you would like.

You can also upgrade and get an HD radio receiever with iPod integration. This also plugs into the XM port.

Try it! If you dont like it then simply take it back! I dont see anything wrong with it, if it lets you control the ipod through your radio controls then I would assume your steering wheel controls should work as well. I have the PAC audio ipod interface and love it. Dont remember how much it cost me now, but it is very easy to use, sounds great and it appears to be along the same premise as this unit!

I didnt click the link, but I do know that if you dont use the XM its very easy to intergrate through that plug. Not to mention easy on the wallet. You gift certificate should cover it.

Whatever you do dont let best buy install it. I can talk you through that install as well if you would like.

You can also upgrade and get an HD radio receiever with iPod integration. This also plugs into the XM port.

i dont know where the XM port is, i have never found any plugs on my deck or anything. my mom doesn't want me to **** anything up on my truck so she said she would pay for installation though so its not comin out of my wallet lol

Try it! If you dont like it then simply take it back! I dont see anything wrong with it, if it lets you control the ipod through your radio controls then I would assume your steering wheel controls should work as well. I have the PAC audio ipod interface and love it. Dont remember how much it cost me now, but it is very easy to use, sounds great and it appears to be along the same premise as this unit!

i posted this same post on gmfullsize and everyone said that this was basically the best you can get cuz its by peripheral. what is PAC?

maybe ill buy it and check out how the installation is and if it seems to complicated ill take it back to them. or call durallymax :noidea:

?? so dont buy the peripheral at best buy?

No Im not saying that, if you buy it at Best Buy and end up not liking it you can always return it and get your money back. The only reason I am pushing the PAC unit is because it is what worked best for me, however the Peripheral may be a better unit. If the peripheral is getting good feedback from gmfullsize then go for it! :D

I gauruntee you will F-ck less sh!t up then the guys at besy buy will.

If you have the factory radio, heres how to acesss the Xm port.

Remove the dash bezel. It just pulls off, you have to put the shifter in 1 to get more clearance. Ive had mine off about a hundred times now.

Remove the 3 9/32 screws that hold the radio in,

pull radio out, its the smaller 8 prong sqare plug tha should be on the left side if your looking at the back.

It will take you about ten minutes to get to it. It will take best buy a half hour and a lawsuit to do it, because like I say they will most likely screw something up. Nobody knows your truck better than you do.

Don't forget the USA Spec intergration adapter. If I keep my factory stereo i'll probably go with this one..

sh!t man i havent been on in a while so i went ahead and had them install it.

i bought it there, brought it home and the instructions were talkin about removing the radio. i have no clue wtf im doin in that sense so i said screw it. dropped the truck off like an hr ago. if i had signed on here yesterday id be doin it myself right now.

I gauruntee you will F-ck less sh!t up then the guys at besy buy will.

If you have the factory radio, heres how to acesss the Xm port.

Remove the dash bezel. It just pulls off, you have to put the shifter in 1 to get more clearance. Ive had mine off about a hundred times now.

Remove the 3 9/32 screws that hold the radio in,

pull radio out, its the smaller 8 prong sqare plug tha should be on the left side if your looking at the back.

It will take you about ten minutes to get to it. It will take best buy a half hour and a lawsuit to do it, because like I say they will most likely screw something up. Nobody knows your truck better than you do.

what about on trucks not equipped with factory xm. i got an aftermarket sirius tuner that works through the fm and it actually sounds damn good. however, the ipod unit that plays through the fm sounds like ****. any way to make a hardwire solution for the ipod so it'll sound better??

what about on trucks not equipped with factory xm. i got an aftermarket sirius tuner that works through the fm and it actually sounds damn good. however, the ipod unit that plays through the fm sounds like ****. any way to make a hardwire solution for the ipod so it'll sound better??

The USA Spec model will work well from what im told. It runs through the AUX button on the radio..

The USA Spec model will work well from what im told. It runs through the AUX button on the radio..

is there a line-in on the back of the factory unit in this truck to plug it in?? i have the aux button, dont know what it goes to though. nothing happens when you push it. im assuming it has to have something plugged in first for anything to happen. :noidea:

this isn't the bose unit.

im no electronics person either, in case you didn't notice. i tend to break shiit when i play with it.... :doh::D

is there a line-in on the back of the factory unit in this truck to plug it in?? i have the aux button, dont know what it goes to though. nothing happens when you push it. im assuming it has to have something plugged in first for anything to happen. :noidea:

this isn't the bose unit.

im no electronics person either, in case you didn't notice. i tend to break shiit when i play with it.... :doh::D

I took my factory out a few weeks ago. I couldn't locate a plug or anything for the AUX button..

I just know most adapters sound though the aux button..

Back