• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

IP Weep Hole?

Koots

Don't Mind Me
Reaction score
Installed my "new" to me, DB2831-5079 and it turns out that there is fuel leaking from the weep hole on the drivers side, near the mounting flange. So is this a sign of my IP being absolutely fvcked?

I've got no issue with tearing it apart if i need too. I did leave that part of my refresh out of it due to time but look what that got me LOL :mad2:

Installed my "new" to me, DB2831-5079 and it turns out that there is fuel leaking from the weep hole on the drivers side, near the mounting flange. So is this a sign of my IP being absolutely fvcked?

I've got no issue with tearing it apart if i need too. I did leave that part of my refresh out of it due to time but look what that got me LOL :mad2:

leaking from the weep hole would indicate a bad seal to me. The weep hole is there so the diesel doesn't follow the IP shaft and pour into your oil more or less.

I must have nicked a seal or something, i'll pull it apart and have a look tomorrow morning :D Thanks for easing my troubled mind DAVE!

Turned out i had some corrosion in the bore for the pump driveshaft and it ate up my seals. I took everything back out of the pump housing and cleaned up the bore with a soft scotch brite pad (Made sure that no fuzzies were left behind) and cleaned it out with brake cleaner, then soaked it in a tub of 2 stroke oil with some diesel mixed in. So i'm hoping it will be corrosion/debris free and lubricated well. Then tomorrow i got to put the pump back in and try it out.

Good thing about this first time pump swap and first time taking a DB2 apart is that i'm getting faster and faster at it. I can swap one out in less than 2 hours; add more if you count the intake manifold too. Minus the new seals and cleaning, i have changed nothing...not even the fuel screw, so it should run fairly good when it goes back in if everything is okay. I need the truck to go on vacation, which is already been 5 days gone already.

Back