• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

IP & injector ?

1twisted1

Reaction score
Is there a difference between the 6.2 & 6.5TD IP flow wise??

Same question with the injectors? What is the difference between the 6.2,6.5 & marine injectors, flow wise??

What injectors would you guys recommend I run in my 6.2 with the A-Team or does it not matter?

I've been told by lots and lots of people that the db2 has more output then the ds4. Db2 used by all 6.2 and early 6.5 ds4 used from 94 up

Is there a difference between the 6.2 & 6.5TD IP flow wise??

Same question with the injectors? What is the difference between the 6.2,6.5 & marine injectors, flow wise??

What injectors would you guys recommend I run in my 6.2 with the A-Team or does it not matter?

I would use 6.5 injectors they flow a little more fuel than the 6.2, and with the ATT turbo more fuel is a good thing, within reason. The db-2 turned up especially the 4911 model is a good pump. DB2-4911 was for an early 94 turbo charged 6.5 military motor, that would be a good pump for your setup.

Cool thanx Dennis. So am I reading this right! the IP dictates how much fuel is injected not the injector?

Correct, the IP meters and times the fuel, the injectors are only spray the fuel they recieve it from the IP. The difference between injectors is really spray pattern and nozzle size. The best is to have a good balance between injectors and pump, most guys find that the marine injectors are overkill for normal motors.

Well, the IP puts out a pressure over time, and if your nozzle (injector) on the end of it is larger then more fuel will get put into the cylinder in the amount of time the IP is sustaining that pressure.

In our electronic stuff, we put on the higher value resistor to increase the IP fuel output time to increase the input into the head. you do it by turning the screw on top?

Back