• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

IP fuel inlet fitting

jhornsby3

Reaction score
I am in the process of replacing the fuel filter with a Racor 2xx filter. I got all the parts but the inlet to the IP. Nobody seems to be able to sell me that one fitting. Trying to replace the 1/4" hose barb with a 3/8" inlet. Either a barb or hard line but the hobe barb fitting is in 7/16-20 thread and not NPT. Can someone shed some lite on this for me? If you can tell me where or if your a vendor, I can get one.

Thanks,

John

Vegout, (Walking J Designs) sells the kit. He may sell just the fitting.

I've been there several times over the last few days and there is no listing of the size of the fittings. I will see if he will sell just the fittings.

Thanks.

John

It's a hydraulic fitting. I forget the size but it's jic x O-ring. Just take the IP fitting to a good hydraulic shop and they should be able to match something up. I have a few of them out in the garage somewhere. You'll have to drill the fitting out if you want o get max flow although undrilled it's equal to the factory fitting.

The injection pump side should be a #4 orb. They are just straight pipe threads with an oring seal. I bought mine at a Parker store. Like he said , just drill it out to match the jic 6 side. The walls will be thin after drilling so be careful when installing and do not over tighten. Too much torque and you can break it off, ask me how I know. :rolleyes5:

Thanks all. After the tips I went on to google and did the research and found that it's a NPT 1/4-20 or SAE 7/16-20 or AN -4. Found the fittings and everything needed in one place and for a real great price. They also have a bunch of other things that I am in need of. Check them out at, http://www.anfittingsdirect.com

Again, Thanks,

John

I bought mine off a member here, IIRC he drilled it out so it had a larger opening for better fuel flow.

Click this http://walkingjdesigns.myshopify.com/products/feed-the-beast-ip-fittingIts a -6 an and fits the IP its what I used on my Racor/Walbro Lift pump mod here is the Line going to the IP, I went in with a 45 because of where I mounted the racor
IMG_0579.jpg

The upper IP fitting is 7/16-20 O-ring, which is not same as NPT or -4 AN. WalkingJ sells this fitting separately but it converts to -6AN which is the same as 3/8" JIC. So you would need a -6AN hose end, angled to your desire, to connect to it. The fitting from WalkingJ is awesome, steel and bored out to full flow, much better than drilling out an Aluminum fitting, which if not careful you can break.

The only differance that I could see from the reducer I got is the ID is smaller. I'll have to drill out the stainless steel from the smaller diameter and install a new o-ring.

I hope.

John

Back