• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Interior light problems

aggar

Don't tear it up!
Reaction score
On this 97 I just bought the Interior light will not work. The dome light and also the cargo light. Well i got new bulbs and replaced, the old ones were fine. Still nothing. Well i pulled the fuse on for the courtesy lamps which is the one for the ones I'm having trouble with. Fuse is good. Put it back, they all came on like supposed to. Well I hold the Push in switch by the door and hold it and they don't go out right away, they take a few seconds, go out and never come back on. I pulled the fuse again and replaced it and they came back on and held the door switch and the same thing. Any Ideas???

Ryan

The fuse isn't blowing. IT's still good. I'm thinkin the door switch might have a short in it but why would that have any effect on the cargo light?

the cargo light comes on when the interior lights do...you can buy the door switch at autozone for like a buck...try that and see what happens then...

I've got a separate switch for teh cargo light. IT's up on the dash for the bed. BUt I'll see what I can find tomorrow.

you mentioned that the lights go out after a few minutes so it is on a timer, since you have the door opened and you insert the fuse...you activated the timer. Thats where I would look at.

Last edited:
Back