• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Interesting maybe, 94-95 chip

kane

Reaction score
Interesting topic, I mean the one what is closed now... I have got same kind of (EX remote switch) in use for months. I have a chip what has space for 8 different versions... and yes, I'm one of Kojo's test team :thumbsup:

Yeah, IIRC there is ability to do 16 stage tunes, but you would have to get pretty creative to need that many. I have a 6 stage on the way, tho.

Hey Kane thanks for sharing. They are similar setups in functionality with differnences in installation and operation. Both effective options.

If using the moates GX/EX, it does not plug directly into the EPROM pins, so I had to use an adapter, and uses a ribbon cable to a digital control box with small single digit LCD that displays the numbers 0-F (F representing 15), for up to 16 256Kbit programs on a 4Mbit EPROM. For our 512Kbit programs only 8 fit on it. The numbers 0 and 1 on the display represent program 1; display numbers 2 and 3 represent program 2; E and F represnt program 8 and so on. I have used it in the past.

The one referenced on the other thread plugs directly into the PCM EPROM pins to gain clearance in the case, uses an insulated, shielded 4 strand 24 guage cable and mechanical switches, either rocker or rotary. 8 programs can be put on it, using the same or similar 4M-bit EPROMs, but not offered that way.

Yep, I have only 4 in use. One for annual inspection (wot smoke test), original setup, kojo 4.xx. with 10K gwr tranny table and 4.xx kojo with modified 10K gwr 4th gear...

Back