• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

intercooled ATT?

13092010.jpg

Double WOW now, nice setup, are you running some type of antifreeze in the coolant? Gets cold in Finland doesn't it ?

Yes, i use 50% water and 50% antifreeze mix in that, really needed, coldest weather this winter at my house was -34 degrees Celsius = -29.2 degrees Fahrenheit
That is wintercooling :D

Is that picture before complete install? how did you end up running the piping into the manifold? *I thought that was your intake manifold but now see that it is a water to air intercooler*

Is that picture before complete install? how did you end up running the piping into the manifold? *I thought that was your intake manifold but now see that it is a water to air intercooler*

It is my intake, hole behind that blue cap is welded shut and as you can see there is plate welded to that IC which is bolted to lower manifold, sorry for bad picture
24082010%28005%29.jpg

Kojo, do you have a way of measuring the WTA coolant mix temp?

I know of another 6.5're with a WTA IC setup. He mounted the heat shedding radiator behind the bumper using most all the space btwn the frame rails. Not sure how the overall heat shedding surface area would compare to yours. I've only seen his early data, but it showed the IC working very well most of the time. Believe his system's limitation was in its ability to get rid of heat from the coolant mix. But it took a fair bit of time/heat taken out of the intake air charge before the heat soak happened.

It is my intake, hole behind that blue cap is welded shut and as you can see there is plate welded to that IC which is bolted to lower manifold, sorry for bad picture
24082010%28005%29.jpg

I like the engineering and thought in that. Reminds me of the Toyota and Isuzu diesels I saw in Thailand.

Singapore trip 2011 025.jpg
Singapore trip 2011 001.jpg
Singapore trip 2011 027.jpg
Singapore trip 2011 026.jpg[

Back