• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Installing oem foglights

dieselkidd04

Reaction score
Hey everyone, been ahwile since ive been on, I have decided to install oem fogs on my '06 and have a few questions. I bought the lights and dash switch, new valance and I started on it the other day only to find out that my truck is not wired for the fogs from factory. No problem i ordered some 9006 pigtails and i am going to make up a harness to the fogs from the relay. My only question is where i can find a pin for the relay so that i can wire in the + wires to the fogs? Maybe someone has run into this before? Thanks

Aren't there some unused 12v pins in the dashboard fuse block? If not then the one under the hood has a few open. I thought there was one designated for fogs. BTW, I have some 55w pure white fog bulbs on hand if you are interested.

Thanks, i am sure there are extra pins in there, the spot for the fog relay already has four pins in the block just no wires there. I might just try to remove the pin, connect the wires to it and re-insert it into the block as long as it doesnt get damaged when removing it.

Just get a pre-made 9005 Harness (you wanna run 9005's in the Fogs, trust me). Wire it up as you normally would, put the Trigger Wire on the Parking Lamp Circuit with a Switch, and you're done.

Back