• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Installed my Walbro and pre filter on my 6.5 today

ghostrider500

Always stirrin' the pot
Reaction score
Finally got around to getting my old OE lift pump out, which was dead, and put in the Walbro 10 and pre-filter kit, all sourced from Leroy at the only place to get all your 6.5 parts, leroydiesel.com. I only put 3-4k a year on the truck so it doesn't get placed high on the priority list. I thought I'd just post a few pics of my set up for others to see and maybe get some ideas of the their own out of them. So here goes:

This is my base plate I bolt to the inside frame rail. It is a section of the lower aluminum side of a semi trailer. I cleaned some paint off of it and then, for fun, decided to put some swirly circles on it to make it look "faster" :hihi:
131020_0001.jpg

Plate installed on rail. It is spaced out 1/2" off the rail so the filter would clear the rail. It also allowed the brake lines and wire loom to be routed behind.
131020_0004.jpg

Everything mounted and plumbed, ready for install.
131020_0005.jpg

It's in! No leaks and runs great.
131020_0007.jpg

About the only dumb thing I did was crack open the bleeder valve on the FFM while the truck was running and got a nice geyser of fuel everywhere.:eek: Shoulda woulda coulda put a section of hose on it and drain it to a jar, but I was happy to see the truck didn't die like it did before the install. I swear it idles a bit lower now too, but that's probably just me. You'll also notice I left the old lift pump bracket in place so it could continue to hold my brake lines in place.

Looks real good. I just bought a bunch of aluminium chanel for making these brackets.

Back