• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Installed Gauges Yesterday

dur0maxx

Is Blowin Soot On A Prius
Reaction score
I installed VDO boost and pyro guages yesterday. I tried so hard to get the fender out so I could get to the area needed to drill and install the thermocoupler but it just would not come down. So instead I put it in the front area of the manifold right before the turbo. I will take pics of it when my camera finishes charging. It is right under the compressor basically. Is that ok or did I make a way bad decision on putting it there. My guage is working and showing me temps.

On a good note, after putting in the boost gauge I finally got to see how much boost I was running since the TM install. I am at 7psi WOT so I think that is way good for a guestimate on adjusting the TM without a guage. I think I'll keep it there until I get a PCM.

here are the pics. Do you think it is in an ok spot.

Attachments

• 100_2114.jpg
    100_2114.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_2116.jpg
    100_2116.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_2117.jpg
    100_2117.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 60
That looks fine to me, so long as you have the sensor in an area where you have maximum EGT, and you are in the area of the manifold where 4 cylinders dump their exhaust, I think it's fine! Good job!

Rob :)

The sensor is about 2" under the turbo mounting flange. It's just in the front on the manifold not on the side where everyone else puts it. I just hope that's a good area.

That's basically where I put mine except facing the wheelwell on the little land that is there. I would think that will work fine. Some even put them on the crossover pipe .

No it's a crappy location. It sucks! It won't work there.

Okay I just had to be negative and go opposite of what everyone else said. Looks good. :D

It seems to be working. I am reading less than 250 at idle and when I accelerate it seems to be anywhere from 350-450 depending how fast i take off. I floored it a few time and I think it went as high as 650 but I only floored it to about 55mph from like 30mph. Right now boost is at 7psi WOT.

That is what my gauge needed. I took the part that gets screwed into the manifold to the hardware store and found that is what I needed. I'm sure every brand is different.

Back