• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Input for upgrades to 7.3 Powerstoke Needed

dka99burb

Reaction score
Our hauler at work is a 2002 CCLB F-250 7.3 Powerstroke 2wd. She does very little other than pulling the 25'+ enclosed trailer on long trips. She only has 88k miles on her. We have approval for some $$ to throw few upgrades on her. My list is as follows but I would like input on brands & sources, particularly on #3&4.
Thanks

1. Rhino Liner
2. Rugged High Rise Shell (help with aero when pulling trailer)
3. Exhaust
4. Tuner that is removeable. I work with college students and I want to de-tune and remove when not in use for trips. No hot rodding while I'm not around .;)
5. Anything I am missing?

Diamond eye makes a 7.3 kit.

The tuner options are about like a obd1 truck. Get a php, beans, or dp tuner 6 position tuner with key locked switch. You keep the key with you and leave it in tow or economy for the kids.

Depending on engine/injector health I would consider going to a single shot injector when you install a custom tune.

Sent from: Source Unknown

upgrade the air intake, and exhaust. for sure. swamps diesel has some real nice injectors, even ones designed for towing. and the lockable chip is a really good idea too. 7.3 are pretty good motors sometimes the idm goes or the valve cover harnesses but other than that there ok

Swamps has good injectors. Either get the single shot (medium duty truck injectors) or get and upgraded kit. Either way mpgs will be better and it will start better (other than the obvious power increase)

Swamps might have tuning options too. Just make sure the chip is loaded with custom tunes not the westers canned tunes.

i have done almost a dozen sets for friends and other people. the only place you may be able to find them less expensive is ebay. i checked the web and swamps seemed to be best warranty and least expensive. if you find better ones let me konw so i can start using them also. thanks

I used them while I worked part time at diesel shop through college. Good quality and service.

I bet Leroy can hook you up with the exhaust and downpipe.

Is the dp tuner easily removed and/or lockable? I want to lock it in low hp mode when I am not driving it. I don't need students hot rodding the truck when I am not there.

Back