• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Inner Wheel Flaps

Matt Bachand

Depends on the 6.5
Reaction score
I am in need of a replacement Wheel flap for pass side wheel well. Anyone know of part numbers and/or places to buy them? A must have before the salt blasting winter begins!

If it is #35 you need the GM P/N is: 15686091

1997-1998CKSHEETMETAL-FRONTEND.jpg

I swear I have seen them in lmc truck dot com... I know they have the connectors, pretty sure they have the flaps

According to the EPC, 2500 & 3500 ones are the same, regardless of engine. 1500 ones have a different part number.

Or perhaps get some 1/16" fabric reinforced neoprene gasket material and make your own.

Problem with a junkyard is they'll no doubt be in as bad a shape if still there. Mine are torn and raggety looking.

LMC has them 4WD ones are 30-2412 @ $16.95, clips are 29-0836.
2WD ones are 30-2410

Also where I go for GM parts is newgmparts.com they want 25.77 for the earlier quoted gm part number.
Cheers
Nobby

The LMC flaps seem kind of chincy.
If anybody comes up with a good source for flap material I would be interested.

Seems I'm always replacing a flap here or there.

If you could find an old swather with canvas cross conveyors I suspect that material would be a good choice.Or the material from the front of a discbine(might need to double up for thickness?).
Even round baler belt if wide enough would be a great choice,might have to sew 2 pieces together for width.
Farm equipment dealers with a dead equipment row would be a good place to look.

I cut a set of my own from reinforced rubber roof material. Call a local commercial roofing contractor and ask for a small scrap.

A nice heavy set of floor mats from the junkyard might be good fabrication material?

I'd rather just buy a set. I hate to say it but I have absolutely not time to hit the junkyard...

Thanks guys.

Oh house door mats... thats what GW meant...may work... I'd rather something stiffer than stock. I'd rather plastic than rubber. Basically something strong enough to yank off without risk of tearing would be ideal.

Mine has been gone. Taken out by fire dept. (previous owner). I am not worrying but I am in TX, not too much salt here. I can see the oil filter from top of my tire.

The LMC sets are cheap enough. The junk yard sets are junk unless your lucky. They're all just as old as our trucks and usually in the junk yard for good reason. Though I did pick up 3 front flaps Sunday. I usually have trouble making it to the junk yard also. Mostly because I'm so far behind and trying to play catch-up before winter

A nice heavy set of floor mats from the junkyard might be good fabrication material?

I'd rather just buy a set. I hate to say it but I have absolutely not time to hit the junkyard...

Thanks guys.

Oh house door mats... thats what GW meant...may work... I'd rather something stiffer than stock. I'd rather plastic than rubber. Basically something strong enough to yank off without risk of tearing would be ideal.

Mine has been gone. Taken out by fire dept. (previous owner). I am not worrying but I am in TX, not too much salt here. I can see the oil filter from top of my tire.

x2 When I had my inner fender wells off for radiator work and glow plug R&R, I decided to leave them off. With all the uproar about limited airflow, I figured a few hundred square inches of additional exit point couldn't hurt.

Back