• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Injectors Replace

I can believe the Volvo asshat thing, but does carb really act on somebodies whim like that?

The guy was following me on a particularly curvy section going towards the dam. I pulled off because a gas cab full of fuel tipped over in the back. He stopped alongside me and yelled that I was smoking like hell and to fix my truck. I yelled back that it was a diesel. He took off. When I got the letter from CARB months later I wrote back that it passes smog every two years and pointed out that it's a 1999 IDI diesel and the location was at 6,750'. All diesels smoke at that altitude. I have not heard back.

My next smog is coming up in January. I have a stock ECM to swap in with the old turbo and vac pump. I think I need to have my VIN # flashed onto the ECM, because my Tech 2 can read the VIN #. That said, most of the smog stations are using simple code readers to pull info.

Back