• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Injector nozzles

Ok- based on your lack of mention a highly built ip, associated tune for it if it has an electronic pump:

I would not expect to see much improvement in torque from switching those nozzles by themselves.
The amount of added fuel you get would result in the effect as opening thr throttle slightly more. If you are going from idle to 100% throttle up to a high speed then once at speed backing off the throttle… and have been operating it that way a long time - then you MIGHT notice a difference. You would have to be so intune that you notice the loss of performance when you add say 700 lbs weight to the vehicle.

So would it factually increase torque- yes. For practical use if you are not constantly maxing out what you already have- no.

Understand anything you do that adds more fuel will increase torque & hp at same time unless you do it in a manner that only increases it at specific point of the rpm band.
Larger injectors add more fuel volume all the time. And if you are not doing any pop pressure adjustments correlating with the volume change, it will add that volume exactly at the curve of the pump.

Now, if you have 125,000 miles on the current injectors and were to put in those new ones that are larger- you will notice a bigger impact. But know that a lot of the change is from old worn vs new. How well that injection gets atomized is a huge difference- imo it is as big a difference as the volume change until you are making a major jump in power.
This is why so many people spend time playing with pop pressure.
But ultimately the injection pump is the biggest factor.

All that said - application is a major contributor. Is this in a boat that needs to get up to plane quicker? A pickup that is too slow only when towing a heavy trailer but ok empty or are you like I was and just got tires of being left in the dust of a prius from stoplight?

Based on options you added- pretty sure this isn’t a generator bogging under load.
Thanks for accurate and helpful answer.

It's a mechanical Bosch VE 6 pump. For sure power and torque go hand in hand but I don't need to take out all the power available, just peak tourque to justify a suitable propeller.

It's a mechanical Bosch VE 6 pump. For sure power and torque go hand in hand but I don't need to take out all the power available, just peak tourque to justify a suitable propeller.
Thats what the throttle is for,. you need more torque turn th epump screw.

Back