• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

injection for mileage ?

offthewall

Reaction score
i dont know if this is the right place but im wondering about CNG or propane injection. im interested just dont know enough or if it would be worth it for me. mostly looking for the mpg increase. especially since my tranny cant handle too much more abuse.:nonod: if any of you guys are experts or have some spare time to answer thanks.

From what I've read, you can get better mileage out of the #2 but keep in mind you're now supplementing it with LP or CNG which isn't exactly free.

Whether you'd break even or come out ahead on fuel costs I can't answer.

i dont know if this is the right place but im wondering about CNG or propane injection. im interested just dont know enough or if it would be worth it for me. mostly looking for the mpg increase. especially since my tranny cant handle too much more abuse.:nonod: if any of you guys are experts or have some spare time to answer thanks.

This was in DP magazine recently. Its a pretty cool concept - especially if you can tap into a CNG outlet in your garage.

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/general/0811dp_diesel_natural_gas_injection/index.html

Back