• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

indeed to convert a 4L80E into full manual.

hippykewl

Reaction score
I have a '94 GMC with a 5.7Motor it previously had a 4L60 mated to it but I have just put the 4L80E in it. I now need to rewire the external wiring harness plug to convert it into full manual operation can you give me any assistance in how to so this?

I think there is a write up on how to do that on this forum somewhere. I can’t help because I’m not a trans guy but you can try searching on here for it.

The easiest way is to use the jakes kit. Otherwise you have to get a wiring diagram, and find the pressure switch outputs, and wire the apropriate pressure switch output to operate the correct solenoid sewuence for each gear. The downside to this setup is line pressure control will be locked at max pressure unless you install somethi,g like transgo's vacuum pressure control modulator to vary line pressure.

Back