• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I'm insane

saratoga

Unpaid Help
Reaction score
I've been into bikes now for probably 10 years. Racing the past 6 or so. My current bike is 3 years old and gets beat to death in races... it's starting to show some hairline cracks in the paint where the tubes meet the neck which have me worried.

The guy at the shop that sponsors our team is getting me a quote on a frame tomorrow.

6803.jpg

How much lighter is that frame than the current one you have?

Looks very fast and capable of putting a nice dent in your wallet.....:hihi:

That looks really nice... and really expensive! Hope you get a nice discount on it.

As a teenager I would mountain bike like nobodys business. An uncle of mine and me would bike during the summer time up in Wisconsin on a hand full of the trails up there. There were weekends where we would easily cover over 100-125 miles on off road trails. But as I got older, I just kinda got away from it.

That looks really nice... and really expensive! Hope you get a nice discount on it....As a teenager I would .... But as I got older, I just kinda got away from it.....

Kind of like the chic in your avatar...

Not that getting older makes me want to get way from 'it'... :D

Wow that's an avatar.

Now back to our regggguuullarlly schhhhshh prrgmng...

Yeah.

:D

It weighs about the same as the one I have now; maybe a little lighter. They're both about 2.5 pounds since the number published is for a smaller frame which of course will be lighter. The other stuff like the wheels make the most difference weight wise (besides the fatty riding it that is). Fully assembled, it'll be around 16.5#

What type of frame do you currently have that your replacing Grady? I have a Carbon Fiber Giant that I raced at one time. It is a CFR-1 Frame. Very nice. Light and strong. That Specialized S- works is very nice too.

This is the frame I currently have. It's made by a small Italian company that few if any shops carry. The shop I originally bought it from is out of business.

Frisco_83.jpg

This is from a race in downtown Tampa earlier this year (the dork in the red/white). My former team puts it on and they're trying to get it on the NRC calendar to bring national level racing back to FL. It has become known as one of the hardest and most technical races in the state... six turns with sections of rough choppy pavement and two brick streets with a chicane that only has room for the field to pass through single file. All in a course that's only .5 of a mile long.

197556_204711706215030_100000286057249_725030_4907146_n.jpg

Grady, will you switch all your components onto the new frame? Could you sell the current frame to offset your costs.

That's what I'm thinking about having them do. Swapping out the components and just getting new wheels would save a lot.
I don't know if I'll be able to sell the frame with cracks in the paint though.

That looks really nice... and really expensive! Hope you get a nice discount on it.

As a teenager I would mountain bike like nobodys business. An uncle of mine and me would bike during the summer time up in Wisconsin on a hand full of the trails up there. There were weekends where we would easily cover over 100-125 miles on off road trails. But as I got older, I just kinda got away from it.
**** the bike,tell some more about that chick in your avatar.
its driving me nuts:mad2:

Going to bring the current setup to the shop to compare geometry and fit this weekend. Good times.

:rof:

Dave's avatars seem to have that effect on people...:D

LOL!! :rof:

Hey, what can I say... I must have some decent taste in avatar pictures. :hihi: And don't worry, there's more of them to come thoughout the summer. Figure I'll do a new one every week.:thumbsup:

Back