• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I'm gonna cry on your shoulders

MACKIN

The Original Sheriff
Reaction score
Because no one else even cares. :D

Three weeks later I'M still paying for my Bike trip in October to VT.

1) My shoulder still hurts from falling out of the Alpine Slide in Stowe VT.
2) I have yet to fix the interior wall of my trailer from the bike to wall contact on the way up
3) My bike is still in the shop from the bike to bike contact on the trip home.

Wa wa waaaaaa

I dropped my bike off at Unlimited Motorsports in South Windsor CT Monday the day after I returned. Some of you guys will remember this shop as we use to do Dyno days there. Their quality of work IMO is second to NONE. They work on complete resto's on classic cars. Well they moved to a new location and the two partners split up. Nonetheless Chad is still there who does the painting.

So I called the insurance company and put the claim in. Chad said that he couldn't easily matched the Candy paint job. He told the adjuster that if he had to it could become expensive.

So they decided to order a new tank from HD. Fine by me so he ordered it and the appraisal for damage was $1100. So yesterday Chad calls me and says that the dealer ordered the WRONG tank! The tank I need which is a Limited Edition custom color would be a 8 week delivery and there would be NO guarantee on a 100% match!

WTF!!!! :sad:

So he asks what do I want to do?

I could wait the 8 weeks and the season is over no Thanksgiving charity rides for me OR we could do what I discussed with him when I dropped the bike off and that was painting it Tangerine Candy with ghost flames!

My cost would be approx $2000.

Well screw it he's putting some paint schemes together for me next week and I guess I'll have some new pictures for you guys in a few weeks.

Wa wa waaaaaa :D ):h

What's up with all the bike to bike to wall contact? Didn't you strap everything down properly?? Have an accident? Had to avoid one?

Please explain...

Unfortunately everything was a last minute rush to get necessary items like tie down straps. Basically I went to a local Chinese supplier of durable goods,Autozone,and bought ratchet straps.

Between the cheap ratchet straps and my aggressive driving apparently spelled disaster! :nono:

The Roadking that hit the wall was the result (assuming) was a fly by or should I say over a rural road and Railroad tracks!

My bike that hit the same Roadking crash bar I feel was the result of over tightening the cheap ass ratchet strap and my flight home!

I have since bought stronger straps which I need for my car anyway http://www.powertye.com/index.php.

At this point either I'll slow up or rip the D-rings out of the floor! :eek:

Basically I believe that we over torqued the POS straps. Live and learn

Sounds to me like he will have a cool paint job, and not others like it.

Naw, my Fatboy does not have standard pain, look at my avitar...

I never like standard paint on a bike, I like it to stand out

Although the limited HD paint scheme I had stood out and was somewhat unique my plans down the road was to have the bike custom painted. I've had many compliments on the current paint scheme even at HD dealers. Even the dealers have asked me if it's HD paint.

Eventually I was going to do what I'm doing now paint the Tangerine Candy and Ghost Flames I just didn't expect to do it this year as the economy sucks and I've spent tremendous amount of coin this year on toys. Since this is the opportune time to do this I'm just gonna buck up (litterly) and do it.

I'm the same way need it to stand out from the crowd. Looking forward to seeing the Pre spray outs next week.

Although the limited HD paint scheme I had stood out and was somewhat unique my plans down the road was to have the bike custom painted. I've had many compliments on the current paint scheme even at HD dealers. Even the dealers have asked me if it's HD paint.

Eventually I was going to do what I'm doing now paint the Tangerine Candy and Ghost Flames I just didn't expect to do it this year as the economy sucks and I've spent tremendous amount of coin this year on toys. Since this is the opportune time to do this I'm just gonna buck up (litterly) and do it.

I'm the same way need it to stand out from the crowd. Looking forward to seeing the Pre spray outs next week.

The paint on my fatboy is a 1 of 200 factory deal. I have yet even at big bike events to see another like mine. I get lots of complements on it.

The bike I have on order, well it will keep the factory paint, as it is the silver/titainum Screaming Eagle Road Glide. It should stand out, as 1000 or less of that color are being made.

Lets us see pictures of the new paint work:thumbsup:

Thanks for the explanation...yup, sucks when it's your fault huh?

Pretty much. I will admit my aggressiveness in driving and willingness to just ease the seat back and enjoy the ride resulted in over ratcheting the El'Cheap'o straps causing them to fail played a major roll in all that happened.

There,I feel better. :D

Hey Mack, you could have avioded this by riding the bike to VT instead of towing it like a *****...
Were you at least towing it with princess?

Back