• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I'm back with a report

MACKIN

The Original Sheriff
Reaction score
WOW what a spectacular weekend of riding and towing. Didn't go off with out some minor and serious glitches.

1) My bike is in the body shop!
2) My buddies bike is going in to the body shop
3) I need two new wallboards in the trailer
4) I'm probably gonna need surgery on my shoulder! :biggrin5:

The good,

Weather was terrific we rode all day Saturday through Stowe Vermont up through the Notch and Sunday up to Canada. Nice nice nice!

Truck ran flawlessly and effortless in towing the trailer loaded and with cargo enough for anything that have might or might not happened including luggage. Truck was fully occupied with adult bodies. Once the roads cleared on the way up about 100 miles into the trip I ran between 75 and 80 mph. I had to really watch myself as occasionally I looked down and I was running 90 MPH plus! :biggrin5:

Hand calculated MPG was 12 up and back! That was real god considering I drove NO cruise as I watched my EGT's as I left it in the 120 TTS race setting.

This was the good now the bad. :eek6:

Took me all day yesterday to recover. I probably had 12 hours TOTAL sleep since Thursday of last week up to Sunday late evening I got home.I'm getting old.

The carnage

Made it all the way up with out any issues. After unloading passengers I had to get my bike inspected so off to the dealer I went. When I arrived 12 miles away I opened up the trailer to find my buddies Roadking up against the wall with the mirror folded in and a scraped up trailer wall! That sucks no real damage to the bike but more so to the trailer wall. Straighten it out reloaded my bike and I was off.

Saturday we took off on our ride into Stowe and Waterbury VT and hit the Alpine Slide! Man those things are awesome and of course I had to race one of my buddies! I got the holeshot on him creamed him till about half way down and that's when all hell broke loose. I fell out of my sled and slammed into the side on my shoulder tore my jacket and actually melted sections of the sleeve sliding! Jumped back in and still caught him and beat him in the race! :biggrin5:

But let me tell you my shoulder is screwed and I'm probably gonna have to get a x ray and see if something is hurt. If not for some extra Percs I brought with me for my back my weekend would have been over right then and there but I troopered on riding the rest of the day and Sunday.

We loaded up Sunday late afternoon for going home and that's WHEN we discovered WHY my buddies bike fell against the wall as one of the ratchet straps broke on the way up. Tossed that one and strapped everything down and headed out.

When I arrived back in CT I discovered MY BIKE laying up against the Roadking crash bar putting a golf ball sized dent in my tank. Man I was SO pissed you have NO IDEA! Once again a strap broke! Sonofabitch! Well it's at the repair shop getting fixed and I'll have it back next week!

I bought new straps http://www.powertye.com/index.php all 2" ratchet and I'll guarantee it wont happen again. Don''t by cheap straps is the lesson learned here!

All in all it was a great trip!

Here's a few Pictures of the Truck and trailer. If people give me some of the trip I'll post them. I didn't take any pictures myself.

Attachments

• trailer 045.jpg
    trailer 045.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 7
  • trailer 046.jpg
    trailer 046.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 9
  • trailer 047.jpg
    trailer 047.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 10
  • trailer 048.jpg
    trailer 048.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 7
  • trailer 049.jpg
    trailer 049.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 7
I was thinking much worse when I first read about bikes in the shop and messed up shoulders :eek:

Sounds like a really nice trip, especially at this time of year with the fall colors coming into season. Hope everything works out!

Back