• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ignition Switch

I've had good luck having the stealer cut new keys from the vin number. Keys, especially hardware duplicates,wear out. The cut keys are much better. The stealer wasn't too bad for the keys,$5. It was the only deal I,ve gotten from them.

The ignition switch is a two piece assembly;
1- key and lock cylinder and
2- the electric part, (on the 96 and up) the two are on the steering column, older models (93 for sure) used a rod to from the key cylinder to the electric part mounted on the column.

My Moms 99 gasser burb takes some work to get it into acc sometimes.

I can take the key out of my 94 6.5 from any of the possitions. Very interesting what old worn out parts will do.

My Moms 99 gasser burb takes some work to get it into acc sometimes.

I can take the key out of my 94 6.5 from any of the possitions. Very interesting what old worn out parts will do.

Thats a feature that become available with age. It ages like a fine wine to that ability. I love ignitions like that.

Something for me to look forward too :) Maybe i'll put some metal shavings in there to help it along :)

Back