• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

If You Were Gonna Get A Diesel Truck STRICTLY For Towing...

What Motor Would You Get?

• 5.9L 12V

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 5.9L 24V

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 5.9L Common Rail

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 6.7L Common Rail

• 7.3L Powerstroke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6.4L Powerstroke

• 6.7L Powerstroke

• 6.5L GM

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • LB7

• LLY

• LBZ

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • LMM

• Total voters
Where you live James and with what I've seen of your frame problems, I don't see any truck frame holding it's finish without being maintenance intensive.

Chrysler Frames actually Hold Up pretty damn well around here. I dunno what they Coat them with, but it Works. Both of my Wranglers and the old Cummins I had, had damn near 0 Rust on them.

GM's, well, you've seen mine, and Fords, my Friend had the Frame on his Rot through so much, you could Poke Holes in it, and it never went on the Beach and got Washed / Detailed once a Week.

You would think someone would have been able to come up with some kind of cheap and plentiful road de-icing product that didn't destroy everything it comes in contact with by now. Glad we don't have to deal with that here.

You would think someone would have been able to come up with some kind of cheap and plentiful road de-icing product that didn't destroy everything it comes in contact with by now. Glad we don't have to deal with that here.
They did. It's expensive and IIRC it's some derivative of beets. It's like pouring Karo syrup all over your truck and letting it solidify. Try washing that shit off! :eek: Colorado uses it and I've had several encounters. Nasty ass stuff.

They did. It's expensive and IIRC it's some derivative of beets. It's like pouring Karo syrup all over your truck and letting it solidify. Try washing that shit off! :eek: Colorado uses it and I've had several encounters. Nasty ass stuff.

Yuck. Bad to worse.

The factory should put on some sort of Rhinoliner on the chassis. But if they did that, these trucks would last forever. They would not like that if we were not buying new trucks.

Back