• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

If You Could Do It All Over, What Intake?

What Intake Would You Run?

• AirRaid MXP (The new one with the Scoop behind the Turn Signal)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S&B

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Banks (WITHOUT the Scoop down by the Bumper)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • AEM HD

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Injen / Amsoil

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
If you could do it all over again...What Intake System would you get, or if you are considering buying one, what one would you get.

My Question ONLY APPLIES to the ones listed in the Poll.

This is for a 500+hp Truck, so don't tell me to Mod. the OEM Airbox, I already did.

So lemme know what you think.

aside from the fact that the banks box is stupid expensive....I'd love to get my hands on one....but....the absolute best my diesel performance dealer of choice can do is 375 without the scoop...500 with the scoop.......

I wasn't a believer in intakes so I was real skeptical about installing one on Wendy. But Pat installed the Banks with the super scoop sealed along with a downpipe and I picked up 2 tenths and 2 mph in the 1/4 mile :thumbsup:

S&B has proven 20hp gains over 500hp for $269.00, absolute best bang for your buck, imo. I have one in my 06 and wouldn't use anything else...

I ran an AFE stage 2 on my 04.5 LLY. Nice system.

I really like my S&B now. Rumor has it they're coming out with a scoop for those too. I think that'd be awesome and I'd be the first customer if its true.

Steve here installed one the same time I put mine on, pretty much. He dyno'd his truck before and after.

http://dieseltowingresource.com/showthread.php?t=3077

Chad, (gator) any word from S&B on their scoops?

i loved my s&b, but do to my mouth piece change i went back to the lbz stocker. i never noticed much performance gain to justify the price of another one. i am getting one for my old mans truck though.

just found out today the wife bought me an early xmas present.......banks air intake.....I got a letter from banks about their inventory clearence event and mumbled somethig about I wish I could affoard an air box from them....she called me this afternoon to ask what engine I had....and then called me back and told me what she did.....thats what I call a keeper....she won't tell me what she paid but said it was quite a bit less than 400 even with shipping and tax....

Well the Score so far is 19 S&B / 20 Banks...between here and the other Place.

There's just something about the Injen that makes me wanna try it, and I feel it's a REALLY good Intake, and the reason why it's not so common is the Price, and that's it.

i hear ya on that....their ad in diesel power mag is nice....pretty sweet looking filter....but 540 bucks...and no ram air? they sure do think highly of their filter

I ran an AFE stage 2 on my 04.5 LLY. Nice system.

I really like my S&B now. Rumor has it they're coming out with a scoop for those too. I think that'd be awesome and I'd be the first customer if its true.

Steve here installed one the same time I put mine on, pretty much. He dyno'd his truck before and after.

http://dieseltowingresource.com/showthread.php?t=3077

Chad, (gator) any word from S&B on their scoops?

I saw the guy's fro, S&B at SEMA and they said no word about scoops...

Back