• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

If you can't win with power.....

whitetrash21

Put on the damn helmet day........
Reaction score
....do it with intimidation.

Got a C6 Z06 saturday. Saw him coming up behind me in the right lane, had just enough time to get it into 4 hi before stopping at the light. Switch the DSP to the big tune, gave it about 23-2400 rpm and let it eat on the green. I don't know if he dumped the clutch, had traction control off or what, but by 60mph, I still had a car length on him.
He had a 5" pipe staring at him through the driver side window, making the typical straight pipe scream and laying down a decent cloud of smoke and it must have sounded like it was still pulling, because he lifted.
Another 2-3 seconds and he would have pulled even and eventually passed but it happens everytime..... 2wd car with a big motor, owners think they can kill anything on the road..... and they will, given enough distance or traction.
Just love the O face I got when he eventually rolled by..... made the whole thing worth it. :D

btw, this is in a CCSB with about 1K lbs of stuff in or on the back, stock trans.....

that's awesome, pull a Vette from a light, and still have room for numerous passengers and cargo, not to mention towing capacity equal to the weight of at least 4-5 Corvettes. So remind me again why people want to own Vettes? What do they have left, just outstanding cornering I guess.

So a diesel pickup truck that costs a lot less and will do most things better. I'm sold.

that's awesome, pull a Vette from a light, and still have room for numerous passengers and cargo, not to mention towing capacity equal to the weight of at least 4-5 Corvettes. So remind me again why people want to own Vettes? What do they have left, just outstanding cornering I guess.

So a diesel pickup truck that costs a lot less and will do most things better. I'm sold.

Not so sure about that anymore, they are about even, new and used now. I agree with the rest though:)

....do it with intimidation.

Got a C6 Z06 saturday. Saw him coming up behind me in the right lane, had just enough time to get it into 4 hi before stopping at the light. Switch the DSP to the big tune, gave it about 23-2400 rpm and let it eat on the green. I don't know if he dumped the clutch, had traction control off or what, but by 60mph, I still had a car length on him.
He had a 5" pipe staring at him through the driver side window, making the typical straight pipe scream and laying down a decent cloud of smoke and it must have sounded like it was still pulling, because he lifted.
Another 2-3 seconds and he would have pulled even and eventually passed but it happens everytime..... 2wd car with a big motor, owners think they can kill anything on the road..... and they will, given enough distance or traction.
Just love the O face I got when he eventually rolled by..... made the whole thing worth it. :D

btw, this is in a CCSB with about 1K lbs of stuff in or on the back, stock trans.....

While i know the diesel trucks can run good, I am betting the guy in the vette was not racing.
0-60 in 3.6 seconds and the 1/4 in high 11's at 125 is what a C6 Z06 will do.

Ever sat in a duramax with a 500+ hp and a 4wd boosted launch?? ..... he either had traction control off, no traction control at all, or was just a dumbass, because he was spinning the whole time.

Re read the post. I know I would have gotten worked..... but for the couple seconds we ran, I had him. Like I said, if you can't win with power, intimidation works too. Most of these goobers panic when you jump them out of the hole.... easy way to make them lose a tenth or 3 by pushing too hard and blowing the power away in tire smoke.

I see a lot of vettes at the track not running their potential because either the guys are taking it easy on the car or don't know how to drive it. That being said.....let me behind the wheel of that C6 Z06. :D That's a bad ass car when driven correctly.

Nice kill, Wes.

I have played with 'vettes a few times, and have learned that the wast majority of Corvette owners are really crummy drivers. They spend a lot of time spinning and smoking off the line.

Don't play with them at highway speeds, though. Those things have very long legs.

stock tranny huh? boosted launches with the big tune? Hows your tranny fund comming?

gettin there :D .... converter definitely feels a little looser now....

Nice kill, Wes.

I have played with 'vettes a few times, and have learned that the wast majority of Corvette owners are really crummy drivers. They spend a lot of time spinning and smoking off the line.

Don't play with them at highway speeds, though. Those things have very long legs.

My sister tried that in San Diego. Big tune, 4th gear, took a C6 (not a Z06) from 55-85..... Pretty sure he didn't downshift though. Funnier than shit to see his face though when he rolls by and he sees its a chick driving that just pulled his ass....):h

Having had the opportunity to drive a C6 Z06 a few times, I know with the right person behind the wheel, they will flat get it. However, like you say, many of them aren't that great... that's where we can get away with screwing with them.... :D

Back